1. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Books About Time Travel

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Not the Admin, Sep 7, 2011.

Have any of you read any good books involving time travel? (That aren't the Time Traveler by H.G.Wells) I am looking to do some research for a time travel project, and could use some books as references on how time travel is even supposed to work. Time Traveler is a good model, but I want to be able to pull from a broad scope of works for inspiration. It'd be preferred if the mode of time travel was some sort of device or computer or machine verses magical or mysterious. Thanks.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Thrice Upon a Time by James P. Hogan.
    The Flight of the Horse (collection of short stories, humorous) by Larry Niven

3. Heather

Heather New Member

It isn't exactly your traditional sci-fi time-travel, but some of the characters within Mary Hoffman's Stravaganza series have the ability to time travel between their modern day lives, and a olden day, alternate version of Italy. Not sure if it's the sort of thing you were looking for, but it's the only time-travelling book I've read before.

4. Shahar

Shahar New Member

the Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. By far one of the best books I have ever read.

5. CMacgregor93

CMacgregor93 Member

The Doctor Who Spin Off Novels. Some aren't brilliant but they are good relaxing material to get into when your bored.

6. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

Why go to a novel for research? A novel only contains the author's own (often biased and incomplete) conception of a subject, and usually doesn't dwell much on the background and theory. Read some articles on time travel instead, such as the Wikipedia entry on the subject, or some of John G. Cramer's "The Alternate View" columns (available on the web).

7. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Because I want to see how others describe the process of time travel and time travel on the senses, not simply how it works.