1. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Third Graders Plot to Kill Teacher

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lordofhats, Apr 2, 2008.

This is Creepy

I mean wow. I thought I had it rough in school, but damn.

2. lessa

lessa New Member

It is really hard to predict what can happen in a classroom full of (hate to use this term) misfits. They all seem to have some form of learning disability so they don't fit in the norm and bunching them all together makes the other teachers and students happy but the poor teacher who has to deal with them everyday has to be extremely strong minded and focused.
    Sure hope he continues to teach but I also hope the board realizes that he needs more help than he has currently.
    I pity the kids but also the teacher.

3. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Wow, that is insane. I can see kids capturing their teacher to rule the classroom for a day (school time dreams) but actually ploting to kill her at such an age? I think it was just a joke of theirs that they didn't actually intend on pulling through with. I mean.... is it possible...?

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

In the article tha police say they don't know if the students really intended to kill her or just attack her. They did however say that its very possible they could kill the teacher accidentily.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The thread title is a bit misleading. Nevertheless, the students need to be didsciplined harshly, regardless of whether they have special needs. Shielding them from the consequences of their own actions is not doing them any favors.

As cold as it sounds, strict punishment would be a valuable lesson, and I hope they take it to heart.

6. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Sorry about that. First thing that came to my mind when putting in a thread title. Probably should have double checked before posting XD.

I agree though. Harsh punishment is necessary. I'm just shocked these kids had a whole plan worked out, and a pretty intricate one too considering their third graders.

7. Cicero

Cicero Banned

Marilyn Manson and Grand Theft Auto are obviously responsible for this.

8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Sounds like they really planned this out. Covering the windows? Wow. I can't help but think that the police department is over dramatizing it though.

9. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

That also came to my mind. It does seem rather well thought out for third graders. They were only 9-10 years-old. At the same time I can't think of what the police have to gain by overdramatizing it... I blame television and drugs XD

10. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Honor and recognition, perhaps? Though I'm not sure how much prestige there is in foiling 3rd graders.

Regardless, it is good that their "plot" was discovered beforehand.

11. Vayda

Vayda New Member

*facepalm*

Another exciting glimpse into Georgia's educational system. Why does the crazy stuff always happen here??

*goes to change location to another state...i hear Mississippi is nice...*

12. Cicero

Cicero Banned

You must be deaf.

13. Vayda

Vayda New Member

No, but i did go to Georgia public schools.

come on, now, gimmie the rim shot for that one. Ba-dum CHING!

14. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Pfff, Marilyn Manson is nothing. Listen to Cannibal Corpse while reading their lyrics and prepare to puke in disgust. Absolutely disturbing lyrics about killing and rape. *shudders*

15. lessa

lessa New Member

The police probably did over dramatize it.
    Kids with special needs only need one leader. Most will follow along.
    He gives out the jobs and the kids feel special that he let them play.

But in the system they are called retarded and misfits and those are the nicer terms. So the police are in a way saying if these retards can plan this out what about kids who are normal.
    Trying to make people more aware of what kids are capable of.
    It might work but I don't think so.
    Punishment should be severe but it won't be.
    They get expelled and have a great time sitting at home doing nothing but planning more stuff to get them out of the horrible school.
    Juvenile delinquents on the way to becoming ex cons.
    such a waste.

16. Slippery

Slippery New Member

Maybe this school made the mistake of putting the "slow" kids in with the ornery ones.

17. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Wow... really making me rethink my decision to be a teacher. Just the very extent to which the "plan" was thought out is scary!

18. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Maybe someone should sit with the children and encourage tem to use their creativity in another way?

I mean hell, if they can plot that kind stuff then just think of the kind of fiction they could come out with!!

It is quite disturbing that such young minds could come up with something like this though and it makes you sit and wonder what really goes on inside the minds of children and what drives them to have such thoughts go through their mind...maybe it is their disabilities, but then maybe it is to do with their upbringing. You never know.

Punishment should be harsh, yes, but the fact is they never did harm the teacher so they can't be overly harsh really. Children with disabilities are actually extremely bright and most of the time extremely creative so the best thing to do is to give them the chance to use their creativity as much as possible in a positive light.

I'm going to shut up now though.....it is horrible and rather disturbing what they planned. Punishment is required, most definitely.

19. Slippery

Slippery New Member

Maybe they had an ulterior motive of organizing a field trip to the police station. We all know that school can get boring, and hey, it would mean that their plan worked perfectly!

20. Torana

LOL that is pretty good Slippery.

21. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

My Mum was a primary school teacher in a pretty dodgy area for about 25 years; she worked closely with children 'at risk', which were basically the school's misfits. While the majority of children were tolerable, there were the occasional few which were downright abusive- with punching, kicking, pushing and swearing being fairly common occurances. So yeah, when I read stories like these it doesn't phase me as being completely unrealistic.

22. Torana

I have spent a lot of time around children with disabilities, even went as far as volunteering at the Riding For Disabled Children program for a bit. I found those children to be some of the brightest children I have ever come across.

They generally have the most amazing imaginations as well. So it really doesn't surprise me that they could come up with it. But still it is rather shocking in another sense.

23. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

And I thought I was the only one who ever wanted to break my stunted third grade teacher's head with the slate!

Was I rude?? Hell yah.........but still never did plot........at least not out loud.

24. lessa

lessa New Member

I think we all did.
    One year we had a music teacher come in twice a week for music class.
    A bunch of the boys started acting out big time. We all went along with it.
    Eventually we didn't have her any more and found out from my mother that she was in the mental hospital with a nervous breakdown.
    Did we plan to hurt her? in a way yes BUT not to the extent we did.
    Plans do go awry and people do get hurt.

25. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

yeah.......thank God that our teacher was made of stronger stuff......and our Princi......damn when she's hot........you gotta watch your step.....and well she knows too the effect she has on us.......she knows we say "Watch out, Ma'am's hot today" when she's angry.....but still, even though she jokes about that, we would never dare to speak rudely to a teacher, even though she's only in the country for once a week.