1. atsgtm2018

atsgtm2018 Member

My Compulsion to Write

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by atsgtm2018, Aug 24, 2016.

My compulsion to write isn't really a compulsion to write. It's more I'm obsessed with telling a good story. I love a good story. My father always told the best stories growing up; his hitchhiking trips to Canada, memories of Grateful Dead (with Jerry Garcia) concerts while friends were tripping off LSD and the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test ( LSD and Kool-Aid ). I'm sure many here can relate about story telling. And now, I want to communicate through my own stories, special ideas. My themes are about human connections, and choices, extential ideas, the human condition, purpose, etc. Or maybe the only real way to be immortalized is through our words. Either way, I've only started writing a year ago and I have so many stories I want to tell. I felt the need to share this. It's why I'm here, in this space. I don't why I wanted to share this, maybe that's just my compulsion again.

Yours.

OurJud likes this.
  2. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Great. Now, go do it.

Best of luck.

Lifeline, Sack-a-Doo! and matwoolf like this.
  3. ddavidv

ddavidv Senior Member

If you feel the need to write, just write.
    Don't worry about it being the best of all your story choices. Don't worry about finishing it. Just write. Some things will just wind up in file folders. Others you'll push through to completion. You will know when it is right.

4. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Holy crap! I want to meet your father! He sounds like an absolute treasure trove of material.

atsgtm2018 likes this.
  5. atsgtm2018

atsgtm2018 Member

He truly is. I feel the need to write a memoir on him.

6. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I'd read it. I love the whole SD&RR scene.

7. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Certainly the scene has been parodied a great deal. I remember 'Crystal Voyager,' 'Morning of the Earth.'

Then some Kiwi made 'Children Of The Sun' - I rushed out bought it, and it was his kids on home movie, the beach 1967 somewhere, Auckland or Dresden, really terrible, no drugs or nothing. Christmas trees, beach, barbecue, horrendous twenty quid.

tonguetied likes this.