Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyGurl

ChevyGurl New Member

ideas for class assignment poem

Discussion in 'The Craft of Writing Poetry' started by ChevyGurl, Sep 6, 2008.

I have my first assignment for my poetry workshop class due next Wednesday already! We had one class! Anyway, it has to be titled "What Is Inside Me" and the "object" inside must be a concrete noun, not an abstract. I have an idea of what the object IS but I need help throwing some things together. You cannot name any internal organs, cannot rhyme and it must be atleast 15 lines. Im thinking of going with a tree that dies mid summer due to me finding out about my friends passing, then getting my leaves back the following winter 2 years from then, when trees usually loose their leaves, when I come to realize the importance of life and tell myself its okay and try to live on and pick up where she left off with her own life so I can kind of "live" for her. I must avoid abstractions at all costs in the poem.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Sorry, but you have to do your own class assignments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.