1. Daphnes

Daphnes New Member

Blogs?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Daphnes, Apr 1, 2008.

I don't know much about blogs, except that it's somewhere to post your stuff so people can see and maybe comment on.

Should I make one for a story I started? Is it worth it? If so, how do I start?

I'm curious, so someone who knows about blogging feel free to stop by.

2. thecox

thecox New Member

Blogging is actually pretty simple. I just started my own blog through blogspot.com about two weeks ago and there's no real reason to avoid making one because they don't cost you anything.

Start by making an email account through gmail.com. That email account will automatically become your sign-in information for blogspot.com as well.

After you sign into blogspot for the first time, it gives you the option of creating your own blog. Put a title at the top of the page, choose the color scheme you want and a sub-header. Then you're good to go. Click on New Post to create a new entry. Then your blog will be up and running.

The good thing about blogspot is that you can create more than one blog through your gmail account. So if you have multiple stories you're working on, you can have multiple blogs to promote them.

Check out my blog at the bottom of my post if you want a better idea of what a blog looks like. Good luck! Hope this helps.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If your stories are in what you consider a finished state, your blog is a oretty good place to post it. If it's a work in progress you want advice on, then the Review Rooms are a better choice, because they get more regular traffic, and the whole purpose of thge Review Rooms is to serve as a writing improvement workshop.

Take a look around at other members' blogs to get an idea of what uses people have found for them.

When you are ready to start your own blog, you can easily get there from the My Blog link under the Blogs dropdown menu link at the top of each page. From there, it's pretty self-explanatory.

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I keep saying I should start reviewing movies and games with my blog, cause I've always been a bit of a critic of films and games and such but I never get around to it... maybe some day :p

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Also, you can create categories for your blogs on this site. For instance, I have a Portfolio category, with Poetry and Short Story subcategories.

6. Daphnes

Daphnes New Member

Maybe I will start one when I finish my story. I've already put somehing up in the review room under novels called Animorphs: The Hork-Bajir Homeworld. It's a sequel to a book series I really liked.

7. nicthechick

nicthechick New Member

I have a blog, a fictional one, that I am working on at the moment. From a writing point of view, the blog serves to rid my mind of the various ideas I have running through my head at any given time, I use it as a filter system whilst keeping the various thoughts, ideas etc in line with this 'online character' I have created. I use blogspot, it's ace.

8. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Please do that. I shall do similar!