1. Achithyn

Achithyn New Member

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Achithyn, Mar 14, 2009.

Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself real quick. I'm a website developer who enjoy creative writing and reading. I do a lot online and love helping people. So, if you are in drastic need of feedback, please let me know and I'll see if I can help. Hope to see you guys around!

~Achi

2. Sato Ayako

Sato Ayako New Member

Hi, Achithyn. I remember you from LegendFire and from whatever the site was named before you called it LegendFire. I hope to see you around.

3. Achithyn

Achithyn New Member

Hey Sato - It's nice to be remembered. :) Did you go under the name Sato Ayako on those other sites? Just wondering. :)

Thanks for the welcome!

~Achi

4. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

Hi and welcome! :)

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Achi, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Posting your own work should not be among the very first things you do here. It is worth taking the time to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

And while you're looking around, don't forget to check out our Weekly Short Story Contest and Weekly Poetry Contest. They actually run more than one week apiece, but any member may enter, and all members are urged to vote for their favorites.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. Sato Ayako

Sato Ayako New Member

No, I was actually on your site before it was called LegendFire. I don't remember my name there. I just remember you, Nessa, and a couple of others, I think.

7. Achithyn

Achithyn New Member

To whoever edited my signature - thanks. :p I didn't realize it was against the rules to have links to my writing site. I did a quick scan over the rules and found that I was in error - my bad! I'm just glad I didn't get banned! :)

@Sato: Well, non-the-less, it's nice to be remembered. Nessa is doing well, just super busy. I would love to live in Australia (it's where she is from). It looks beautiful. :) Anyway, I hope to see you around on the boards. :)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

~Achi

8. Sato Ayako

Sato Ayako New Member

Ah, yes, I forgot about that. I would have warned you ahead of time. . .

In any case, I am around the boards usually, but sometimes I just get busy, or too tired, or too high (addiction to prescription that I'm not afraid to be open about). Hope you're around the boards at least sometimes.

9. Achithyn

Achithyn New Member

Definitely - I try to make my rounds to all the different writing communities everyday. It helps me learn what writers are looking for (as I'm building other writing related sites that are not related to forums). :) I also like to help, so, if you guys are looking for feedback, it's better to ask than wait and expect me to pop in. :p

~Achi