1. Neoaptt

Neoaptt Banned

Book Recomendation

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Neoaptt, Feb 24, 2010.

Hey, I would like to ask if you guys can recommend any audio books for me to listen to. I'm having trouble finding any good books as of late.

You probably already know this but i like zombies and horror. But any other good books are okay as well.

If you have books that are podio books. Then pm me the link. If you know of some books that i could find on the internet to listen to, then write the name and author down here. If you know any radio dramas pm me the link to them.

Thanks,

Quin

2. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

Google World War Z. It's told like a commentary and quite good.

3. Neoaptt

Neoaptt Banned

Read it. Do you have any others like it?

4. arron89

arron89 Banned

Handling the Undead by John Avide Lindquist (I think that's his name). Also, Let the Right One In by the same author.

5. garmar69

That's the only zombie type book I've read. :redface:

6. Neoaptt

Neoaptt Banned

I can't read German.

7. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I know that there are a few books based on Resident Evil. I think it's called the Umbrella Chronicles or something like that.

8. Neoaptt

Neoaptt Banned

It's a game for the wii.

9. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Whoops, the book's name is The Umbrella Conspiracy. Anyways you should check them out. I read them a long time ago and remember them to be fairly entertaining.

10. Neoaptt

Neoaptt Banned

My library system doesn't have it and i can't find an audiobook for it either.

11. jacklondonsghost

jacklondonsghost New Member

Try something by Stephen King if you want a good long horror story. Also if you want something quirky and funny, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was turned into a great radio play you might be able to find.

12. Neoaptt

Neoaptt Banned

Read the Dark tower series. Anything else by him would sorta be a repeat. Saw the movie and read some of the book for hitch hikers.

Man, Anything else? Thanks for the advice. Now i know that i have picked ones that other people like as well.

13. jacklondonsghost

jacklondonsghost New Member

Well I dunno about anything else by Stephen King being a repeat if all you've read is the Dark Tower series. He has a lot of really cool stuff. But maybe I read your last post wrong.

Other than what I suggested up there, I don't really listen to too many audiobooks. But basically any books recommended on different threads would probably be pretty good.

14. whiskeyjameson

whiskeyjameson Member

Stephen King, because I've read most his works and enjoyed them all. Richard Laymon, Ed Lee, Jack Ketchum, Clive Barker, Lovecraft. All horror authors that I like.

15. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

You could try Laurell K. Hamilton's Antia Blake novels. They've recently started to come out in audiobooks, so your local library might have them. I liked her earlier work, before she go focused/hooked/off on sexual content. But the first 6 or so novels, if I recall were pretty decent.

Anita Blake is a vampire hunter and an animist (one who animates zombies). Her's is an alternate version of history/reality, like the world today, but vampires and lycantropes and many other creatures do exist, and live among others in society. Anita Blake's main job is to raise zombies so that say, someone didn't have a will, she the zombie could be raised and questioned about that issue.

Good first person writing, lots of action and interesting characters and situations.

And since you liked zombies, yes there are those that do attack folks on occasion (especially in the second novel)

Here's a link to her website: http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/

Hope this helps.

Terry

16. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

If you want to read a hilarious guide book (that's actually surprisingly well thought out), read the precursor to World War Z called The Zombie Survival Guide. Hand it to Max Brooks for putting out the most entertaining survival guide of all time.

17. arron89

arron89 Banned

1. It's Swedish, and;
    2. Both books have been translated into English really well and are pretty widely available.

18. garmar69

I'll have to look for that. I really enjoyed WWZ.