1. marina

marina Contributing Member Contributor

Books - Gifts

Discussion in 'Book Discussion' started by marina, Dec 5, 2008.

I never buy books because the libraries are awesome where I live, but I always get an Amazon gift card at Christmas & birthday time. That's when I get the books I want to re-read.

So 2 questions for you:

What books would you want to get as a gift, and what books (if any) are you planning to buy as a gift?

2. Rei

Rei Contributing Member Contributor

I'm with you on this one. I tend to go to the library, especially since I have so little money to spare on books. For my birthday, Mom got me a twenty dollar card to Indigo (Canada's equivilant to Barns and Nobel). I don't expect to get any books, though I may buy one if my grandparents give me some Chanuka gelt. As for what I'd want, probably a book by Charles de Lint that I haven't read, or one I would want to read again.

3. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos Contributing Member

to get as a gift, i'd prefer brand-new books or old books in awesome-looking special covers... or books for language learnin'... or books to supplement my school studying... i could go on...

i'm planning to get my mom a how to make medal jewelry book thing. and i'm getting my brother a survival book - by bear grylls, his most favorite dude on tv ever.

4. garmar69

garmar69 Contributing Member Contributor

Any new book by Stephen King, especially his short stories. I still collect them but I won't buy them anymore for fear of yet again too much, just too much!

I bought my wife When the Soul Mends by Wendy Woodsmall. She is mad for those books.

I saw that book, isn't it "101 Uses for Filtered Pee?" Just joking. Kinda, somewhat, not completely. :p

5. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos Contributing Member

yes indeed garmar! every single show he eats something gross...