1. Mad Klown

Mad Klown New Member

Idiot and Dummies

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Mad Klown, Apr 5, 2010.

Idiot and Dummies How To Books

There was a time when I liked these, but after reading a few I came up with the conclusion of how useless they are. The authors do a lot of "tell you useless stuff" or have a lack of explanation on doing things. In fact I have found other How To Books more helpful then the Idiots or Dummies series.

*Try not to be to harsh this is just my opinion

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I've never understood the point of these myself.... they seem to be mock instruction books rather than anything helpful.

3. rory

rory Active Member

I own a Dummies book, and it is what it is. A book for "dummies." The information is good and for the most part acurate, but dummed down so someone who knows nothing about the subject can read it. Which is the point of those types of books. If you are researching or trying to learn more about something with which you are already familiar, back away from the book shelf. They just cover the basics and gloss over more compicated things to give the reader a big picture overview.