Books so good you have to put them down

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by DeadMoon, Jan 4, 2015.

1. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

11.22.63 was good but slow in the middle. I think my favorite King book is Needful Things and Misery.

2. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

I don't remember if I read Needful Things, but Misery had me squirming (you know which part I'm talking about). My wife talked me into reading it because it was about a writer. :rolleyes: I'm never reading that one again; I've still got the images in my head.

DeadMoon likes this.
  3. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

I would have to say absolutely every Mystery novel that was average or better was hard for me to put down. Then again, that's just my addiction and need to find out "what happens next"

4. jrs7285

jrs7285 Member

That was one of the few books that I made the mistake of watching the movie first for, and then I couldn'tget into the book. I may have to give it another go sometime.

5. cydney

cydney Banned

I just saw "Writing Down the Bones" by Natalie Goldberg in the Writing Store. It reminded me how good that book is. And it really was so good I had to put it down. It was emotional for me - learning to 'tap the writer within' as she puts it. I read another book around that same time (I was in a reading books about writing kick) about how to write to heal. THAT one was really good & also hard to get through. I can't remember the name of it.

6. Moe1795

Moe1795 Member

Unfortunately I do this with every book I read

7. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

No, it never happened to me. The more I like a book the faster I read it. I prefer to read it twice to enjoy all the details I missed in the first reading.