1. The Crazy Kakoos

The Crazy Kakoos New Member

Fellowship of The Ring Typo

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by The Crazy Kakoos, Dec 26, 2012.

I'm having trouble finding anyone who knows about this.

When I was in highschool, I began reading Fellowship of The Rung. The first copy I had belonged to my dad and he must have purchased it in the 70s.

When I got rhe the Mines of Moria there was this dialigue tag that was a blatant mistake. In the middle of a
    conversation there is a line of dialogue that can't be anyone but Frodo and the tag reads "Bilbo said"

I couldn't believe in a book as widely read as Lord of The Rings, there was a mistake that stood out that much.

Sadly the copy wore out and newer copies have it fixed.

Has anyone else seen this?

2. PaulKemp24

PaulKemp24 New Member

Never read it so I can't comment on that particular flub but I'm always amazed at how many errors I find in books. Not so much spelling errors but things like double words, invisible periods and other mistakes in books published by large houses no less. On the one hand, something is bound to slip through the cracks in a book of 100,000 words but on the other hand, it's odd given how many times they are edited and read over by multiple different people. It never fails to amaze me.

3. Tales of Anima

Tales of Anima New Member

Human errors on part of the author AND the editors?

More likely than you'd think. ;)