Tags:
  1. Maroon

Maroon Active Member

Books you'd like to discuss with others.

Discussion in 'Book Discussion' started by Maroon, Jun 21, 2009.

Hi all.

Often I'll read a book and want to be able to discuss it with others, particularly if the ending is ambiguous or if I have mixed feelings about an event or character. Or, just because I loved it and want to see if other people loved the same bits as me!

So I thought it might be fun to have a thread where people could list the books they're keen to discuss, and others who've read them can hop on in.*

I recently read The Seven Days of Peter Crumb by Jonny Glynn, which was an utterly disturbing horror story; a kind of British 'American Psycho'. Has anyone read this?

Big love,

Maroon.

*Obviously we wouldn't discuss the books in this thread. No spoilers!

2. arron89

arron89 Banned

we should start a book club XD

British American Psycho sounds good....might have to look for it......American Psycho is my favourite book :D so if anyone wants to discuss that....

3. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Contributing Member

The Catcher in the Rye is arguably my favorite books. Sadly, most people who have already read it either: 1. extremely hate it, or, worse, 2. also don't get the point besides hating it (i.e. they hate it without a good reason).

I've had only one good discussion about it with a friend of mine (who was a bit unnerved by it, funnily enough), but that's about it.

4. Maroon

Maroon Active Member

Yeah, that'd be fun! I'd be game for that.

Sorry though - I haven't read Catcher or American Psycho. I've seen the American Psycho film, but not sure that counts. :p

5. marina

marina Contributing Member Contributor

We used to have a book club here at WF, but it fizzled out after a while. Maybe you'll get more interest now that it's summer.

6. arron89

arron89 Banned

Shall we try? One book every fortnight/month? I'd be keen, especially now that I'm on holiday for a month....

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Go for it. If you can keep interest alive, it has potential. Start by finding the original threads in this forum. I think it fizzled in December or January.