1. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

Animation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DragonGrim, Jan 19, 2010.

I just bought a program called Anima Studio Debut.

Has anyone here done animation? I am completely new to it, except when I was a kid I’d use a sticky tablet to make stick-figure animation.

2. Lmc71775

Lmc71775 Active Member

No, but it sounds awesome and so fun to do! Do you install it in your computer? Is it expensive?

I'm just wondering cause I used to draw on the computer with the regular computer modes.

3. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I did as part of a computer graphics class back in high school...but that was a LONG time ago and I am sure very different from what it possible today. It sounds like fun. You will have to share a bit once you get the hang of it.

4. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

It was about fifty bucks. You install it, and there’s no need for the disk after that.

But I think I’ll have to invest in a sound program and some equipment to lay down good sound tracks.

Of course I’ll share:). That is, once I can make something halfway entertaining.

It doesn’t seem like it will take long to figure out. One little thing on the bone manipulation has me stumped for the moment though

5. Benska

Benska New Member

If anyone wants a basic(REALLY basic), easy to use animation program, google "pivot". It's very simple to use, and can be fun to mess around with.

Oh, and it's free.

6. lavendershy

lavendershy New Member

My brother does a lot of work with CG animation. He's done some stop-motion too, and I must say he's pretty good. I hope you have a lot of fun with this. I'm not sure what your program does, but if you ever want something harder, google Blender. Open-source, free 3D animation/modeling software. Truth be told, I'm not clear on what all it can do, either, but my brother's been extolling its virtues for maybe two years now, so all I can do is pass on his recommendation.

7. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

I'm currently learning how to use blender and well, im still learning. It looks like it can be really good. I've always wanted to be able to produce some kind of thing/creature/person and animate it doing something random.

8. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

I've always wanted to be able to do some sort of graphics work on the computer. I might check out Blender but it's probably beyond my skill level. I'll look into it.