Boston Tea party...again!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NaCl, Jan 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. harm

harm New Member

Just for those concerned that the Senate will try and push through the bill before Brown can be seated Jim Webb from Virginia today said that no votes should happen until Brown is seated. After that Obama seconded the motion. So as long as H. Reid (MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH DOLPHINS!) doesn't get airs and try to push things, Brown should be seated before any voting occurs. More time for Senators to read the bill. More time to contact your representatives. More time to have the bill altered, amended and "fixed" before the final vote.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Agreed. When this thread began, there was still a possibility the majority would try to rush the Health Care bill through before Senator Brown could be sworn in. Thankfully, a few of them realized what the fallout would be from that kind of action.

I think it's safe to say that what happened last night in predominantly Democratic Massachusetts was a wake-up call to Congress. Until now, I think they underestimated how strongly much of the populace is reacting against how Congress is handling the health care bill, and runaway spending in general.

I realize this is a potentially explosive thread, and I thank everyone for keeping the discussion civil, despite strong feelings. I don't think the thread will stay open indefinitely, but hopefully we can disagree without getting nasty.

If we can, maybe even the Congresscritters can. :)