Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Bounded Minds: Story Hour!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Nov 27, 2013.

KING AND JESSWRITE PRODUCTIONS PRESENT!!!'

[​IMG]

Story

The power between sisters is a strange thing.

Even when one is a spontaneous wanna-be actress dreaming of the spotlight and the other is a reclusive bookworm not seeking attention whatsoever. Stella and Roxy Xalider are quite interesting, indeed.

Talk frequently stirs around school about these two, which Stella doesn't mind. In fact, she's part of the popular crowd as she willingly shares her kindness and creative talent. Students hover around her daily, wanting to be seen with her, wanting to talk to her; be her friend. But Stella's younger sister, remains the unlucky one.

And this day in particular is no exception.

After roughing it at school, Roxy must run, only to arrive home to discover the remnants of a bloody nightmare. Soon she is swept into dark chaos, to deal with all things desperately wrong. And not even her sister can comfort her.

A journey begins. A race for the girl desired.

Yes, entirely unlucky. And the only people who can help are not the heroes and heroines in her story books. They're the people she tries so hard to avoid....her classmates.

From top hats to teenage stupidity, smiles to explosions, shady men to luxurious mystery; a deep tale awaits.

And there is but one thing to ask, a whisper into all the minds bounded to the cause.

Are you brave enough to take the plunge?

Setting
    The year is 1996 and we begin our tale in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. A small town, but what it lacks in size it makes up for in community and manageability.

Where instead of dealing with the traffic, tall buildings and smog the people get to enjoy flat roads, family farms and close knit people.

The town’s highlight is the Main Street where all the magic happens. From the best restaurants, boutiques, clothing stores, art galleries and specialty stores.

It is also home to Stickler High, a school that personifies a decent education. But what makes the school isn’t what makes the students within and nobody knows that better then poor Roxy.

In such a small town nosey neighbors frequent, along with an abundance of gossip. A good portion of the townsfolk of made their place of residence in bed and breakfasts due to the rising price of homes.

Technological advancements are that of 1996 nothing more and nothing less. So don't be whipping out any nice smartphones or anything like that.

Playing

This is RPG is a mix and match of various genres. But the most important is the mystery aspect.

You’ll need to look for clues to progress through some areas.

Depending what you find could also result in different scenarios playing out. Never fear though this RP offers more than just being sleuths. You’ll also need to engage in intense chases, savage battles against natural and unnatural and match wits with the most cunning of foes.

Note: If you're playing a character that is not involved in Stickler High and find yourself having trouble joining into things or if your just not sure how to intro. PM me or JessWrite and we will get you involved/

Name:

Bio:

Personality:

Appearance:

Other:

RULES
    -No controlling other peoples characters.

-No auto hitting

-No God-Modding

-No killing off others without the players permission.

-GM's words are law

-No auto solving the mysteries.....not like you could anyway (We expect you to think! :p)

-If you find yourself having a problem with another player then settle it in PM or PM one of your GM's

-Please don't be extremely cliche and just put Detective down as your occupation. You can, but we just don't want everybody to do it.

-Be nice in OCC but in the IC feel free to be a jerk

-Keep OCC in the discussion

-Don't post till intro post is up.

-Side stories are allowed just PM either GM first with the idea and we will make it work.

-CS's must be Pmed to either of the GM's and be accepted before posting to on the OOC

And, the #1 rule you must live by:

Have Fun!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved

3. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Poor Roxy

Hurry. Hurry. You're almost there.

The words played in the same rhythm as her footsteps. Down the hallway she went, dodging past a flurry of students; some talking, some laughing, some grumbling...

Hurry.

Roxy clutched her book to her chest, feet soaring on the linoleum tile. All the constant chatter was put out of her mind. She'd make it this time, she could feel it. The closer she got to the classroom, victory wasn't far behind. A relieved smile leap across her face as she rounded another corner.

"Playing midget tag, Moxie?" Someone slid in her path, bumping her shoulder. The force knocked her into another girl nearby, who shoved her back to the middle of the hallway.

Regaining her footing, Roxy's smile vanished at the sight of gleaming made-up eyes. The glare that could only belong to Adelie Fields.

"Happy to see me? You're so sweet." Adelie said, flipping her dark, chestnut hair. "Too sweet."

Roxy remained silent, hugging her book for comfort. She didn't even bother to catch the stares of curious bystanders. She could only hope it would be over soon. It didn't last longer than the warning bell...usually.

"Now, what's the book of the day?" Adelie continued, reaching out with her manicured nails. Roxy bit her lip as her grip tightened.

"Come on, cough it up." Said Adelie's right-hand woman, a girl by the name of Haleigh. Roxy swallowed hard as she met her gaze, which silently seemed to add 'do it or else'.

With a defeated sigh, Roxy loosened her hold and the book slipped from her fingertips.

Adelie smiled pleased with herself as she scanned the title. "Let's see...Pride & Prejudice? Ew, that's as old as my grandma." Quickly she handed the book off to her friend, who flipped through the pages with disgust.

"Actually it's older than your grandma, it's a literary classic." Roxy said in a hushed voice. "And a historical romance."

Cackled laughter filled the air. "Romance? Gosh, never thought I'd hear that word come out of your mouth." Adelie said, shaking her head. "But go ahead, fantasize that historical hunk of your dreams...he'll never come anyway. I can bet on it."

Roxy clenched her fists, staring down at the floor.

"Aw, don't feel bad, Moxie. Some girls just don't have it...wasn't meant to be." And, another chorus of laughter erupted.

"Come on Adelie give the midget a break." A voice sounded and a heavier set boy materialized behind the bully.

His face locked into the same malicious grin as the girls.

"I mean the only friends she has are fake." He said wrapping his arms around Adelie's waist.

"Duh Terry, that's because she's reading Pride & Prejudice!" Adelie said loud enough for all to hear, her nasty smile glistening in the harsh school lighting. "Along with many other reasons. To refresh everyone's memory, Moxie was born weird and her brain can't be fixed. Poor thing..." She sighed with false pity.

"You can't be born weird." Another boy said from the crowd of gathering students his face clearly visible as he towered over everyone.

A sincere smile stretched upon his face as he approached the confrontation.

"Come on Adelie." The boy said in a familiar tone and giving a friendly nod to Roxy. "Come now wouldn't it be nicer if we said nice things about her reading?" He asked.

Roxy's face lit up at the boy's words, but it wasn't long until Adelie started running her mouth again.

"Well, if it isn't Peter, here to save the day." she muttered. "You're right...yeah, I should be nice, be her BFF for life, maybe we can even start a book club together...NOT!" Adelie rolled her eyes. "This is none of your business anyway, so step off."

Oh dear…..Peter visibly flinched at being spoken to such, his smile slowly melting away under Adelie’s fierce gaze.

Terry breathed out a sigh. “Come on Pete! We were only playing with her. You don’t have to take everything so seriously.”

What to do? Peter searched for words in his blank mind digging his nails into his palm.

His green eyes flickered back and forth searching for a form of support; they finally landed on the girl behind Adelie.

Haleigh.

She stared into him, her expression softening. "How about we all chill out and get to class..." Haleigh started, but was cut off hearing Adelie clear her throat. "I mean, yeah, Peter...we're just having a bit of fun. That's all." She said with a shrug of her shoulders.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  4. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

"Last time I checked, a 'bit of fun' didn't mean preying on girls with ten times your intelligence," a boy stated, glaring at Adelie, and walking to Roxy. "You okay?"
    The boy, Connor, had been walking down the hall when he heard the commotion, and decided to investigate.

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Thomas Woodrow. Oddest teacher at Stickler High. He wore a sharp suit which was always accompanied by a strange looking tie. The tie of the day appeared to be in the likeness of a pencil.
    He stood in his classroom preparing for the day. The walls were covered with clever quotes, silhouettes of famous writers, and grammar rules. A short pop quiz on grammar lay face down on the desks. Woodrow smiled as he thought about the reactions of the students.
    First they would groan and whine. Then they'd get serious as they worked on the quiz. Then they would either smile (in some cases smirk) or frown (in other cases glare) at him, depending on how well they did. This helped him gauge what the class needed reviewing on and which students needed help. Though whether or not they would accept help was a whole other matter.
    Woodrow took a seat behind his desk, coffee in hand and a smile on his face. What would he have his students learn today?

6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Amii looked up from where she'd been leaning against the wall, arms crossed. Her dark eyes stared out from between the bars formed by her black bangs as she observed the other students begin yet another argument.

Seriously, do they never realize that this is just a replay? Old. Amii sighed in exasperation, preparing to push off from her place in the corner and move off to somewhere else when a boy brushed past and stood up for Roxy.

"Last time I checked, a 'bit of fun' didn't mean preying on girls with ten times your intelligence," a boy stated, glaring at Adelie, and walking to Roxy. "You okay?"

Now, Amii pitied the girl, really, but it was just better to avoid conflict in her mind. That way, she could avoid any and all pain- whether it was physical or emotional. But did they guy really have to do that? Now he would the the target of Adelie's spite too.

Maldita sea...but i guess i have to do something too. Still, at least I am going to go unnoticed. Gritting her teeth in diastase, Amii pushed off from the wall and tucked her hands in her pockets, head lowered. No one noticed her -she was just another student brushing past to go to class.

Up until she pulled out one hand and flicked a peice of already-chewed gum into Adelie's hair.

Don't think I'm your friend just because i did that now, please. Casting a sidelong glance at Roxy, Amii rolled her eyes in Adelie's direction before slipping back into the crowd and heading to English. Little Miss Perfect hadn't even noticed the pink glob on the back of her head yet, but Haleigh had turned bright red when she'd seen what Amii had done. Still, Amii had one advantage that no one else did. She was unknown -so unknown that no one else knew her name.

Have a fun time getting that out.
    Mouth quirking into a slight grin, Amii vanished into the crowd.

7. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

English, my greatest weakness!
    Kubi head was stuck in an English dictionary as she wandered aimlessly around school, she looked up at every home room number, then back at her book.

"How you say...room 234 in English?" She thought to her self, she shook slightly with anticipation and excitement. A foreign school, she was going to her first class in a foreign school! "I wonder who will be friends with me? maybe I should greet someone?"

She nodded and as a student walked by she opened her mouth and... wait, is it hello, or hi, or hey? which one meant which...okay okay I know they're all greeting but which one do I use? Is hello too formal? is hi too friendly?" The student stood there staring at the strange Asian girl who had her hand up as if she was going to wave at him, but instead just stood there completely frozen like a statue giving him a stupid look.

"I can't remember, ABORT!" she twirled around dashed the other feeling completely embarrassed. And ran head long into Amii as she was heading to class. The two stared at each other now with bruised forheads. Kubi turned pink, then red, the bright red. PANIC MODE ACTIVATED!

"say something dummy don't just stand there starring, Communicate, say hi!"

"SEX!" She suddenly blurted at her , but with an awkward smile to match. and now awkward silence...

"wait what did I just say?, ABORT!" and with out warning the strange student who had smacked into Amii turned around and dashed down the hall way.

The nearest corner she could make she did, swing into a random class room, then slamming the door behind her, panting like she had just escaped a serial killer.

"I'm safe, I'm safe, calm down." she said in Vietnamese, then slowly she turned around. It was Woodrow, he was staring at her, they all were, every student that had come so far.

Kubi was a deer in headlights, she could feel the panic again like she had just locked her self in with a pack of wolfs.

"....H-hellooo." she, if she curled up and died right there, she wouldn't mind.

8. Keitsumah

Amii stared open-mouthed at the space where the strange girl had been standing just moments before. Okay. That was beyond weird.

And it had knocked her hood loose! Scrabbling at her head, Amii quickly replaced the hood and tucked her hair back into place. Everyone in the hallway was staring at her. Some couldn't believe what had happened and started giggling. Others just stared, open mouthed.

"Was that the new Vietnamese girl?" A girl sniggered.

"Where did she learn that word of all things?" another said.

"Who cares! That was hilarious!" The boy who had spoken clearly couldn't stop giggling, and went back to hiding his face behind his hands. "Hahahaha! I wonder if she..." he gasped for breath, "...knows what that even means! Hehehe!"

Dios mío, why am I suddenly the most popular person around here? Ugh! Grimacing, Amii quickly decided to head to class, but when she opened the door, it wasn't to the blank glances of bored students.

No, instead that same girl fell backward into her arms -having been leaning against the door when she'd opened it!

"Ayee!" Amii yelped when they toppled to the floor and the whole room burst out into laughter.

Cogerme... Good thing that she hadn't said that aloud, or one of the kids that had in her Spanish class might have taken that as her saying it literally, and she would have been beyond screwed. Pushing herself up, Amii looked down at the girl and was relieved to see that at least they were both embarrassed. Still, she'd best just get this over with and go back to hiding in the back of the classroom as always. The faster things went back to normal the better.

"Mind getting off of me?" she asked, quirking one eyebrow at the girl.

9. Exzalia

"Mind getting off me?"

Kubi just looked at her for a very long awkward moment, awkward...it was an ever present companion to her it seems. Suddenly her eye's lit up with a sense of clarity.

"Wait...I know those words." Kubi said to her self. " Mind means brain, getting means go, off then me is how you say my self. You want me to get off you, Yes! my English is not as bad as I thought!" her words were so heavy with a thick accent, you had to pay attention or you might miss it, this drew even more chuckles from the more immature students who found the way she talked amusing.

"Mind getting off me..., wait were does the mind come in? doesn't that mean brain? makes no sen- oh no... I'm still on you." She sprang up and gave several blisteringly fast bows. "So sorry, so sorry, so sorry." She repeated 3 times fast.
    "Wait, people don't bow over here, they hand shake, dummy!"

Kubi grabbed Amii's and shook it, hard. she wasn't trying to be over the top but well you know. Panic.

10. Love to Write

Tina sat in the back of the classroom. Her chin was propped up by one hand while she bounced a pen in the fingers of her other hand. She had a look that declared her boredom and her disdain for the overly happy English teacher with horrendously awful ties. A pencil...really? She glanced towards the door where a new Asian student had bowled over another girl. Then, in an attempt to apologize she bowed several times and nearly tore the arm off her victim by shaking it like there was no tomorrow. It was like she was watching a scene from a bad anime.
    Tina rolled her eyes silently and returned to bouncing the pen between her fingers.

Exzalia likes this.
  11. Keitsumah

Amii's view of the strange girl kept getting stranger. She tolerated the handshake for a remarkable three seconds before managing to get her hand free. Giving the girl what may have been a somewhat reassuring smile, she resisted the urge to pat the girl on her head. it was on odd urge, but at that moment seemed completely viable.

"Uhh...sure..." she mumbled, then headed to her seat.

12. Exzalia

Kubi looked at the rest of the seats, everyone was still starring. "Oh boy." She said holding her head down averting everyone's gaze, she needed a nice quiet out of the way place were she could (try) to disappear. There was another Asian girl sitting at the back of the class in the corner, it was a perfect spot to vanish and there was one seat empty, who knows perhaps she was Vietnamese too? She walked up the aisle as chuckles bombarded her and sat into a seat right beside Tina. She then shrunk down into the chair until you could only see her bright eye's peering over the wood. she looked over to her right,the girl was oriental too, A friend maybe? the darkly dressed student beside her didn't look like she wanted to talk. Infact, she looked a little frightening.

her eye's shifted back to the class, some people were still snickering, giving her odd looks. She shrank in her seat, just a little more.

Love to Write likes this.
  13. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Jesse clicked his pen, again. He had just readjusted the position of his single piece of lined paper for the tenth time when a befuddled looking Asian girl stepped, or stumbled rather, into class. This was probably why father distrusted Chinese food. With her strange, thick accent, flushed cheeks and wobbly walk, Jesse became convinced she was under the influence of a beverage or two. Mother would've probably thought she was bewitched by a demon.

Or two.

Then again, probably everyone in school was condemned to burn forever and ever in Satan's barbecue, together with lawyers and other such criminals. Those who reached the purgatory owed him for it, as he prayed for their souls everyday albeit with declining conviction. He was losing his faith.

In them.

He shot a glance at the Asian girl, who sat down just a table away from him. Perhaps there was still hope for her, and her soul.

"Everything alright?" He mouthed.

14. Exzalia

She looked over surprised that some one actually wanted to speak to her. and it was, a boy an American boy, wanted to speak to her.

Poof she was pink again, and her heart rate went up, "keep it together Kubi, he's just saying hi.".

"I'm new here, and a little flustered, but okay." she replied, hiding her embarrassment with a mask of confidence.

15. Macaberz

"I see," Jesse replied, which was a truer statement than he intended it to be. If only his parents knew that boys and girls weren't separated at the school entrance, if only they knew he was talking to a girl right now. He could already feel the cumulative death stares of his extensive family prying into his back. Luckily, they usually held their Torahs so close to their nose that they had no eye for his many missteps. As long as he returned with good grades, well kept hair, his skullcap and a fine mood, they didn't bother to check on him. He couldn't quite muster the courage, spirit and considerable amount of mischief required to ask for her name, so he inquired after the next best thing. "Have you studied for the test?"

His braincells squinted in embarrassment, why hadn't he asked about the weather instead?

16. Exzalia

"there's a test?!" she blurted sitting up wide eye'd, and everyone was looking at her again. She shrunk back down into her chair like a turlte back into his shell,

"sorry."

Looking back at him she muttered. "I didn't know there was a test, ooh no I don't know anything. Ah ye, I'm going to fail."

17. Macaberz

He as about to confirm her suspicions of impending doom when he considered it probably wasn't the best thing to do. It would be honest to say that she was going to fail horribly, unless she was an Asian Asian, the type that could solve Rubik's cubes faster than he could mutter a prayer. He wondered about her origins for a split second, he had always found it hard to discern Japanese from Chinese, or Koreans, or Vietnamese they looked too similar, and the food was terrible. Or he thought it would be, if he were to ever taste it.

He blinked and snapped back into the present. "Well maybe Mr. Woodrow will let you take it another time, since you are new." He paused momentarily to restock his courage. "When did you move in?"

18. Exzalia

I have just came actually, have not been here more then a month, and this is the first time I am going to school. I mean I have been to school before but the ones back in my home are small and not very, good.

talking about where she was from might lead to how she got here. which she didn,t want to get into,. Thinking quickly she changed the subject.
    So what is your name? Where are you from?

19. JessWrite

Roxy hated gum, but she couldn't be more thankful for it. While Haleigh and Adelie were distracted, she shuffled out of the way and moved past the first boy who'd asked if she was ok.

"Uh, fine...thanks." She mumbled, clutching the straps of her backpack with her sweaty palms. She'd left her book, but that didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was getting to class and to the teacher she felt the safest with.

Roxy continued on down the hall, taking a deep slow breath. The face of the girl who had thrown the gum appeared in her mind. Who was she? And why of all people, did she help her?

The scenario played again until she was pulled out of her thoughts by an overly cheerful voice.

"How is my greatest sister in the whole wide world?" Before she knew it, her arm was linked with one of the most popular girls in school. A small smile tugged at Roxy's lips as she watched her sister's sparkling blue eyes.

"Ok now I guess," Roxy said, shrugging her shoulders. "Same old junk."

Stella's brow creased. "Oh my. They took your book again? Roxy, I told you to keep your books at home." As she shook her head, curls spilled over her shoulders. "You could avoid so much conflict if you did."

Roxy sighed in response. "It would still happen, they always find a way. Always. But, enough chit-chat, we'll be late."

After a few steps, a hand latched onto her arm, pulling her back.

"Oww! What's wrong with you?" Roxy said, rubbing her shoulder. She scowled, but Stella only smiled in return.

"I'm not going to class. I have to leave soon for my audition in Annie, remember? That's why I came over here, to say goodbye. I can hardly wait, you know I've always wanted to be in Annie!"

All color left from Roxy's face. "That audition is today? But...but...who's going to walk home with me from school?" she stuttered. "I can't walk by myself!"

"You could always ride the bus." Stella replied as her gaze shifted to the clock above the lockers. "But Roxy, you're fourteen years old, plenty old enough to walk home alone. I mean, I've done it many times and everything goes fine."

"Says you!" Roxy said, folding her arms. "You're lucky...and I'm me. Gosh, I can't believe this. Why didn't you remind me!"

"Is there a problem here, girls?" A pleasant voice reached their ears. Stella and Roxy were silenced at seeing their teacher aide staring at them with a stack of paper in her hands.

"Uh...no, not at all Miss Lockwood." Stella replied with a big smile. "We were just having a nice discussion."

"Yes we were," Roxy piped up, showing her own grin to the teacher's aide. Her second favorite person at school next to Woodrow. "How are you today, Miss Lockwood?"

Roxy watched her nod and place a piece of straight brown hair behind her ear as she always did. "I'm doing absolutely wonderful!" the woman said. She was dressed as she always did too, a blouse, vest, and flowery skirt. "And, you're sure there's not a problem?"

"Nope!" the girls said in unison. "Just on our way to class." Roxy added.

"Good! I was just making copies for Mr. Woodrow." Miss Lockwood's hazel eyes lit up with every word. "I look forward to seeing you in class, lots of fun learning today I've been told." After a cheeky wink, Miss Lockwood left them, her skirt trailing behind her.

And again, the sisters exchanged glances. "I'm really sorry, but you have to understand...it's a HUGE audition and--"

"Yeah, yeah...break a leg." Roxy muttered, waving her hand in Stella's face as she turned away.

"But, Roxy wait!" The call went ignored as Roxy walked inside the classroom. She'd had it with the bullies. Now her own sister didn't care to abandon her and make her walk home. Alone. And no way was she riding the bus, that was like signing up for a death sentence!

With a long sigh, Roxy went over to her front row seat and got comfortable...for now.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  20. Macaberz

So what is your name? Where are you from?

"Name's Jesse, I am from town. Great Barrington that is." The need to emphasise that Great Barrington was a town and that he was from a town which also happened to be Great Barrington, and that the two were one and the same, was insurmountable. In his mind, Great Barrington could hardly be called a town, with only a few shops at main street and nothing particularly great about any of them.

He could tell by the broadening of Mr. Woodrow's sugary smile that class was about to start, but decided he could slip in just one more question. "What's your name?" He whispered.

21. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Peter sighed in relief as the situation was defused.

Good thinking Roxy, his bright shifting eyes giving a final disappointed stare at Haleigh before giving a nod to the ladies and followed Roxy into Woodrow’s class.

Dang it he was late.

Tardiness was impolite

“I’m sorry I’m late Mr. Woodrow.” Peter said as he entered. “I was helping Roxy with some trouble. Did I miss anything important?” He asked with a flashing his teeth.

"And by that he means he was being a buzz kill." Terry whispered patting the taller boy on the shoulder as he made his way to the seats in the back.

A sigh escaped Peter's lip as he took in Terry's words. How is helping someone being a buzz kill?

22. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

Connor sighed as Roxy walked away, shrugged on his bag, and walked to class.
    "Sorry I'm late, Mr. Woodrow," he said as he walked in, nodding to the boy in front of him. "I was with him. Technically."

23. Love to Write

And Class is Now in Session
    Woodrow glanced at Roxy, Peter and Conner as they the class. "I was just about to get started." He said in response to Peter's question.
    He waited for them to take their seats then said, "Alright! You all have a pop-quiz on your desk. You'll have 5 minutes to write out the differences between verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. So heads down and pencils up." Woodrow smiled, obviously amused by his own wordplay. "Go."

5 Minutes Later
    "Pencils down, heads up. Put your papers here on my desk then grab a piece of paper and a pen. I'm going to be splitting you up into groups.

Tina, Amii, and Haleigh. Oh, looks like we have a new student. Kubi...did I say that right? You can join the group I just called out.
    Next is Roxy, Joshua, and Terry. Terry, play nice.
    Finally Adelie, Joe, Peter, Conner and Stella. Wait, where's Stella?" Woodrow looked around. "Huh, it's rare that she isn't here." He looked back down at his list and scractched her name off."

"Now then, I want to you all to write a small portion of dialogue between the people in your group. Now here's the catch, the dialogue must be written as if it were from a different period of time or from another place in world. For example, if you were writing as a bunch of Australians you'd probably use words like matey and crocodile. Got questions, raise your hand. Break." Woodrow took a seat behind his desk as he watched the class arrange themselves into their groups. Anita, his T.A., placed the papers he had her copy on his desk. "Ah, thankyou Anita. Please grade these pop-quizzes then let me know who didn't get a 100%."

24. Macaberz

He was sorted with Terry. Out of all people, he had been sorted with Big-bones, Balls, The Boulder, Skullbreaker, in other words: Terry. Well at least he'd caught the Asian girl's name before his inevitable and untimely death at the hands of the biggest, most obnoxious bully in class. He had the uncanny feeling that 'play nice' hadn't, and wouldn't ever, register in that kid's mind. Why Mr. Woodrow was putting this death-sentence on him, he didn't know, but he made sure to move to the front of class, well in Woodrow's view and prepared as best he could for a shitload of awkwardness. Terry and girls was a bad enough combination. Terry and girls, and his polar opposite all put in one group was like sticking a grenade in your own mouth and expecting not to die.

He silently sat down, put a single piece of paper in front of him and eyed Roxy. "Any suggestions for style? I think I can imitate Scripture-like writing pretty well."

Love to Write likes this.
  25. JessWrite

"Ah, thankyou Anita. Please grade these pop-quizzes then let me know who didn't get a 100%."

Miss Lockwood sent a glittering smile his way. First name basis was one step closer....

"Certainly, Tom." she said, taking the quiz papers in her hands. While doing so, her eyes flicked up again to meet his gaze. "Nice tie today by the way...it suits you very well." Anita kept up her smile as she stared at him, smoothing back her hair.

Meanwhile, Roxy was trying not to freak out.

Being paired up with the boyfriend of her tormentor had not been on her agenda. At least she wasn't alone...Jesse had to endure the pain with her. Part of her hoped he would take the most of Terry's insults. Maybe she'd not have to talk at all.

"Any suggestions for style? I think I can imitate Scripture-like writing pretty well." he asked.

Well, scratch that.

Roxy shifted in her seat. "Uh...scripture-like, that would be interesting." she muttered. "That sort of dialogue could be Shakespearean; the medieval period, if you guys don't mind 'thou', 'thy', or 'saith'. Or, we could go the more modern route and do 1700s colonial era, between American patriots and British loyalists, tea and taxes." She took a deep breath and realizing the amount of speaking she'd done, she lowered her eyes. "It's up to you."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.