1. RH Jackson

RH Jackson New Member

Aspiring teenage author

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RH Jackson, Sep 21, 2015.

Hello, RH Jackson here with a small introduction.
    I'm a teenager writer of fifteen, and I enjoy writing all sorts of things. I try to participate in all genres to broaden my horizon. Currently I consider myself a novice, as I have only been writing for a few years. I'm originally a Fanfiction writer, but I aspire to write original stories that have been collecting dust in my mind.

I'm looking forward to improving and growing with all you, so please don't be afraid to correct me. I appreciate feedback and critique on my work, and I also enjoy collaborations.​

Imaginarily likes this.
  2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Welcome! Love the avatar. What sort of stories do you have in mind for your next project?

3. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Welcome,

4. RH Jackson

RH Jackson New Member

Well, currently I've been tossing around the idea for (hopefully) a novel. I haven't truly devolved it yet, but I have a very basic concept of what I want. Basically it's set up in a world were slavery isn't uncommon, and in fact is widely encouraged. The story is about Ellen and her sister, who are forced into a similar event to the hunger games, except the concept is clocks that divine how much time you have to live inside the event. To boost your time you have to complete certain tasks, and depending the watch forced upon each character could kill them at any moment. I'm still working out the kinks, but that's the little detail I have now. :)

Tenderiser likes this.
  5. RH Jackson

RH Jackson New Member

Thank you, I'll try to keep up the best I can.

6. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

This kind of reminds me of a thing I saw on tumblr once, something to the tune of:

What if you could see a clock that showed how much time you had left to live, and certain actions (smoking/exercising/etc) would alter the time?​

...and then you get on a plane and everyone's clock goes to 20 minutes. :bigeek:
    Also, welcome to the forum!

7. RH Jackson

RH Jackson New Member

Thanks you for the welcome, as for the tumblr, I honestly wouldn't know. xD I don't have a lot of social media, nor do I visit them often. Though I haven't really gotten to far into my idea, so I haven't decided what kind of things influence the watch. The thing is, slaves are forced into an event in which watched are forced onto their wrists. I have bit of a write up for it, but not much.

Could you possibly link me to the tumblr? I don't want it to seem as if I'm plagiarizing someone. (Hopefully I'm not.)

8. RH Jackson

RH Jackson New Member

Also, I was inspired by a random piece of literature I wrote on deciantart, I can link it if it's not against the rules. :)

9. Imaginarily

It was a tumblr post on Facebook actually:

tumblr life clock.JPG

Seems they didn't mention smoking/exercising, that was my brain remembering it wrong. Eep!

10. RH Jackson

RH Jackson New Member

Wow.. that comment after it though... xD Though I do admit it's similar, I had no idea someone had thought of it already. Now I feel less creative. xD

11. Imaginarily

Meh, I say!

I thought I had an original idea for my vampire story but evidently it's already been done. Curse you, other people thinking about vampires in the modern world and how they can kill "legally" !

Doesn't mean I'm not gonna still write it. :bigwink:

12. RH Jackson

RH Jackson New Member

No, of course not. :D I'll just add another plot twist somewhere. I'd wouldn't be able to write if I stopped every time I figured out my story wasn't original.

Imaginarily likes this.
  13. Imaginarily

Exactly :-D Just write what makes you happy!

14. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

I love that idea. I'm not generally a fantasy reader but I would definitely give a book a go if the blurb explained that premise.

15. RH Jackson

RH Jackson New Member

I'm glad I was able to interest you! It's been in my head for a while, I even have the idea saved on a document. I'm not sure how I'll use it yet, but I'm sure to figure it out as I work with it.

Imaginarily likes this.