Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Daniel, Dec 28, 2012.

1. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

I always hoped that Jesse would be the only one to come out of this in one piece.

I think Walt will die, but I don't think Jesse will do it. He may just take a bullet in the firefight but still save Jesse. ...or he may sacrifice himself for Jesse.

I dunno, I think the writers like symmetry, so i think in the end it will wind up where it all began, with Walt and Jesse.

This season has been so good, and so heart wrenching. We all cheered when Heisenberg was at the top of his empire but now we must also take the journey of the fall and it's just so damn honest. When Skylar realized on the phone that Walt was clearing her from guilt and taking everything on himself was amazing. He's finally ready to let everything go for the good of his family.

BritInFrance likes this.
  2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I agree completely. That scene was freaking amazing. One of the best scenes of this show by far.

I recently read that Vince Gilligan said that Ozymandias was the best episode of this season, and based on what I saw, I believe him.

3. BritInFrance

BritInFrance Active Member

My thoughts are this: Jesse gets killed trying to escape, and probably kills the young guy who is current cook. They have no one left to cook for them. They need to get Walt back. But he has gone into hiding - no one know how to get hold of him. The only way is to get his attention with a headline in a newspaper. So they kidnap his family, burn his house down and write Heisenberg on the walls. That is going to get Walt coming home...

Edit: also works if Jesse succeeds in escaping but, kills the cook. Then there is room for a final confrontation between Jesse and Walt.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  4. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

First, I would watch a show about Saul managing a Cinnabon in Omaha. Second, I really don't know what is going to happen next week. What a show. I'm glad it got the Emmy (although Bryan Cranston should have won, too.)

5. thirdwind

A very satisfying end to a great show. In a strange way, it was a happy ending.

I kind of wish season 5 had more than 16 episodes. I actually think Vince Gilligan wanted 24 episodes, but the network shortened it to 16. So the previous episode (Granite State) felt a bit rushed. I still think Ozymandias was the best episode of the entire show and one of the greatest episodes of any TV show.

Daniel likes this.
  6. chicagoliz

In a way, it was happy, in that Walt did get what he wanted. But it was sad, too. I wonder, though, what happened to all the money Todd's group took? Although I thought the other episodes this season were better, I agree that the ending was satisfying.

7. thirdwind

If I had to guess, I would say the police eventually find it. It has to be somewhere around there, doesn't it? There's no way Jack and his men spent $69 million in a few months.

8. chicagoliz

I'm sure they didn't spend it, so it is hidden somewhere. I bet someone finds it some day, but not the police.

9. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

The show ended great, I'm going to miss it. :( What a historic show. It really raised the bar.

10. 7thMidget

7thMidget New Member

I liked the fact that there were no major loose ends left behind. It was a good ending and wrapped things up nicely, but it's not the episode that's going to make me remember BB as one of my favorite TV series ever. The rest of this half of the season, though - wooooooow.

11. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Can I just take a second to gloat? :)

Macaberz and 7thMidget like this.
  12. chicagoliz

Just one.

13. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

It's already over. :)

chicagoliz likes this.
  14. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I am so incredibly satisfied with how that ended. What a brilliant show.

15. Poziga

Poziga Contributor Contributor

SPOILER ALERT IN LAST PARAGRAPH!!

I think Breaking bad is unofficially the best series. It's the only series on IMDB that has a rating of 9.5
    The second is Game of thrones with 9.4 :)

I finished it yesterday after watching last seven episodes for 6 hours strait. I loved the ending, I always hoped Jesse would end up the way he did, since he and Hank are my favorite characters. Walter was really annoying in my opinion, I actually quite hated him, but liked the way he handled things in the last episode. :)

Season 4 with Gus was my favorite, but nothing can beat the last episodes:D

SPOILER ALERT!!
    I think the producers wrapped up things pretty neatly, though I was very sad when Hank and Gomez died, I really liked them. But I'm happy Jesse survived :D

16. chicagoliz

Gus was just an incredibly awesome character. I just loved how he was overall so soft-spoken -- almost gentle. In many respects, he seemed like just about the most non-threatening person there could be. But then he was this ruthless, horrible, violent killer. That actor was amazing.

I wish Jesse could have kept some of that money he had! What's he gonna do now? I have this thought that he could end up in someplace like Omaha (perhaps near Saul?) and become a high school chemistry teacher. That would really make everything come full circle.

17. thirdwind

I really need to buy a Los Pollos Hermanos shirt at some point. Show my support for Mr. Gustavo Fring.

18. chicagoliz

I just got one for my husband for his birthday. Amazon had it for less than the Breaking Bad online store.

19. Poziga

Poziga Contributor Contributor

I have a feeling he's going to make those wooden boxes:D