1. Midnight_Adventurer

Midnight_Adventurer Active Member

Bree's Progress Journal: Let's Go On an Adventure!

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Midnight_Adventurer, Jul 28, 2016.

Yeah let's do this!

Actually, just before we do, I have to make a few things clear:
    1- I am lazy & a perfectionist at the same time. Go figure.
    2- I am a serial procrastinator
    3- I will get bored of this, I just know it
    4- I will not be posting here every day, it just ain't happenin'

However I am hopeful.

I have been a member of this site for six years, but when my passion for writing dried up so did my activity on this site. Now I'm back! And with any luck I've grown up enough to stick with this commitment.

You mentioned an adventure. What adventure?!

This adventure is about 8,300 words into the action with plenty more to go. So far I've got chapter outlines up to chapter 15 with a clear idea of whats happening.

Promising right!

We'll be traveling from Marrakesh to Cairo and then down into the depths of Ethiopia as our intrepid heroes race to discover King Solomon's long lost mines before the evil trapped within can be released.

Currently I'm at the beginning of chapter five, although things have become messy. Ideas have changed which effect chapters 1-4 and I really wanna go back and change them because the perfectionist in me is having a fit! But I know, just like my hero, that I must push onward towards the greater unknown.

I will keep this as up-to-date as I possibly can and if people show interest then maybe the updates will be more frequent.

Brindy likes this.
  2. Midnight_Adventurer

Midnight_Adventurer Active Member

Quick update time.

I really don't have much to report, I'm just trying to keep this relevant.

I wrote up an outline for chapter 16 yesterday and then became stuck :bigmeh: and I'm still stuck. I don't know how to progress the story from that point, but I'm so far ahead of where I'm actually up to that I shouldn't really dwell on it.

I've given one of my female characters a major overhaul both physically and personality wise. She originally started out as sort of like the opposite to my main male character, then she became very similar to him and now she's back to complimenting my MC, and that's how it needs to be.

I'm thinking of making this story, and the series I could create with this character, into a novella. My boyfriend sent me an interesting article about the topic and it resonated with my current situation. We'll just have to see how this story plays out and how high the final word count will be.

And finally, I've given myself a deadline. I will have this story finished before I'm dead :agreed: That gives me plenty of time to create the best story I possibly can! Right?

Just a quick question to those of you who have bothered to read this. Do you like to hand-write your story and then type it up or is it the keyboard all the way for you? Personally I write then type. Time consuming? Yes, but it's my preferred way.