1. AlexaRobyns

AlexaRobyns New Member

Just a Question

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by AlexaRobyns, Aug 12, 2011.

First of all, I feel extrememly stupid asking this but when the school normally start and end in Oregon?

I live in Canada so I would assume it started after labour day and end at the end of June but I heard in some places in the States school starts in the middle of August and end at the end of May-beginning of June.

So if you could please answer this for me that will be greatly appreciated.:)

2. beard

beard New Member

I'd go with the second answer. I'm from Northern California and our schools typically start the middle of August (my Mom is a teacher and she's already prepping for students next week) and end around the beginning of June.

3. Rassidan

Rassidan New Member

I think most schools have started to change over to a august/june schedule. I remember when I was little that school used to start after labor day but it has been a long time since I found a school system that did not operate this way.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Not in Massachusetts. School here runs from the first week of September until Sometime in June. The end date depends on whether the number of snow days exceeds the number pre-allocated.

Also, you should try to choose a thread title that gives more of a clue what you are asking.

5. jso7m3711

jso7m3711 New Member

In michigan, schools have to start after labor day because of a [relatively] new law. We end mid June (think 10-16) depending on if we use more than the allotted snow days. At my school, seniors get out early (the last day of May or the first day of June).

6. JeffS65

JeffS65 New Member

School starting can change from district to district, from town to town. So, using the things said here as a general guideline, you'd be ok. In a fictitious story, most people aren't going to care if it is exactly right.

7. Lost_in_Thought

Lost_in_Thought New Member

I use to live in a Igloo, but it melted :)
    Everywhere is different. I'm canadian too. I live in a small town where all the schools start after labour day but becuase some of the schools (the puplic and catholic) have half day fridays they end a week later and don't have as many long weekends. I went to the only school in town that didn't have half fridays (it was also the smallest school in town with only 130 from k-9[we don't have that freshman to senior thing]-My town is overly small but has alot of schools)
    So just estimate when school starts or if this is erking you you can look it up on google.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

all you need do is google for oregon's dept of ed site and you'll find out for sure!