1. Jowettc

Jowettc New Member

Buenos Dias

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jowettc, Jan 24, 2012.

So -clearly new.

In brief,

A dead end job has given me the opportunity to pursue some time experimenting with writing. Initially I leapt right in and drafted up a complete 86,500 word novel as the introduction to a series of novels I plan to write.

After some thought, and reserarch, i decided that a good way to test my amateur skills was to enter every short story writing competition on Sci Fi I could. No doubt I will get some good feedback, negative feedback and absolutely no feedback at all - but hey ho, there you go!

So the contest here interested me. I registered, read some posts and now I'm here!

I'm trying to build up a pool of different lengths, styles and types of stories in an effort to broaden my knowledge and skill so bear with me. If I can ever figure out why I'm having such a problem loading my short story in for the contest - You'll see it there -I'd love to hear some thoughts.

I also see there is a section on feedback for stories, so I might post a few selected excerpts there too.

See y'all.

2. L a u r a

L a u r a New Member

YES! First reply. HA.

Anyway....Welcome to the Forums, Jowettc! I hope you find everything you're looking for. As for completing your 86,500-word novel, congrats! That's quite an accomplishment.

3. TheComet

TheComet New Member

Welcome to the forums! I look forward to reading your stories :)

TheComet