1. Nascarfan

Nascarfan New Member

Any race fans here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nascarfan, Sep 13, 2007.

I am a huge Nascar fan and have some poems I have written about Nascar.. As soon as I can find where I put my book I have been writing them down in I will post some of them... I just recently moved into another house and still have boxes I am going through and have misplaced my book...

2. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

No I am not much of a racing fan. The only kind of racing I would watch is barrel racing...and that is obviously totally different. I am interested to see some of your stuff. Hopefully you will be posting something soon(if you haven't already:) )
    cheers

3. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hi there! Welcome to the forums :) Hope you settle in alright and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Trust me I know all about moving house... half of my stuff is still in boxes.

4. Nascarfan

Nascarfan New Member

I have a feeling I will be going through boxes into next year!!!

wordwizard, I like barrell racing too!! I never miss a July 4th rodeo here in Texas..

5. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Thats nice. Good to have things in common ;) I do not barrel race myself (tried and failed miserably considering I can barely ride) but I have a best friend who does and I actually really enjoyed it while I tried it. Do you ride or ever rally in a racecar? Lol in my town we rally in old beaters and crash them then burn them...not immature at all eh

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Hehe, most of my stuff is unpacked :D

7. Nascarfan

Nascarfan New Member

I don't ride horses, but I love to watch... I've never been in a rally racecar, but I did go to Texas Motorspeedway and take a ride in one of Dale Earnhardt jr's racecars.. It was 4 laps around the track, and the guy driving was going 185 MPH!!! It was soo much fun... That doesn't sound immature what you do.. sounds like fun, and a little like a demolition derby!!

8. debbiepanell

debbiepanell New Member

Hmmm...give me a good Formula 1 race over nascar any day!

That said, I live in the middle of Nascar country and most people don't know what Formula 1 is! lol

9. heyharris1

heyharris1 New Member

i am, i have been watching nascar since 1984, spent alot of time in N.C. and went to many races.