1. Lucy E.

Lucy E. Active Member

The Tic Code

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lucy E., Sep 24, 2008.

I watched this amazing film last night called 'The Tic Code'. It was about a boy named Miles who suffered from Tourette's Syndrome. It was incredibly moving. You guys should watch it, it's fab!
    Has anyone seen it? It's a 1999 film, so it's pretty old. Not really old, but...never mind. :]

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I have seen a documentary called I have Tourette's But It Doesn't Have Me. It was profoundly moving. What struck me was that all of the kids in the documentary seemed exceptionally bright.

3. DominoGray

DominoGray New Member

Well it's been argued by some that the social discipline that develops from a childhood of controlling tics can actually cause a person to develop intellect.

I'm of the personal belief that it's just some guy with tourette's trying to convince everyone why it isn't all that bad. Still, I'm no psychologist, and the idea is pretty cool if you ask me.

If you're interested in this sort of thing, you might want to look into it

4. Lucy E.

Lucy E. Active Member

Polly Draper's (the actress/director/writer who wrote the script and played Laura) husband and eldest son both have Tourette's.