Buy or Borrow?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Anthem, Mar 16, 2009.

1. CrazySnakeLady

CrazySnakeLady New Member

I definatly buy the book more often than not. Chances are, I reread books a few times, or like to re-read sections. This way, i always have them to read again. Parting with books is actually hard...LOL!

My mom still has some of my harry potter books, and its bothering me that they aren't here.... ;)

2. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

You know, it's interesting how many people say they buy them because they want to reread them. I don't have the extra money to buy many books, but I have no problem borrowing them later to read a second time.

3. KP Williams

KP Williams Active Member

Since my mom works at a library, I get to borrow as much as I want. And since I have no money to buy books, well... it doesn't take a wizard to divine what I do more often. :p

4. PS Foster

PS Foster Member

I usually buy mine from Half.com, used. Also frequent used book stores, yard sales, flea markets. Seldom buy new. I did buy a new book online the other day because an acquaintance of mine wrote it.

5. keeklies

keeklies New Member

I borrow all my books, because most books I will have to stop reading halfway through due to an intense disliking for the book. But when I do like a book that I have borrowed from the library, I will go to a bookstore (not a used one) and buy it so the writer of the book gets some royalties for a job well done.

6. Klevis

Klevis New Member

I never buy books. I have a good memory and always remeber what happens in a book, I only ever need to read it once. Therefore to me buying a book is a waste of money as I'm only ever going to read it once. Imagine buying a Coat/Game and only ever Wearing/Playing it once, there's no point. And I read so much I wouldn't be able to afford every book I read. I nearly live in my library.