1. Snowman123

Snowman123 New Member

Hello - i'm here - so what's new about being new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Snowman123, Sep 22, 2016.

I'm new and thought I'd engage with aspiring writers to re establish my creative thinking and connection with aware people who seek the same.

My adult life has been geared to business, raising a family and seeking material goals. But a recent set of events have removed all of my possessions, finances, and tools to run a business. I have led an exceptional life and met exceptional people along the way. Life is shortening - so to is the value i place on life.

Should i care ? Something tells me that i have reached a fork in the road. This is why I am here, to share with you the journey forward and to select the right path.

Let's have fun and inspire each other.

What words inspire you? What have you learned from sharing with others about your abilities?

Albeit and A man called Valance like this.
  2. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Hello Snowman123. Sharing my abilities with others has taught me how little I know, yet I still find inspiration in words like whiskey and cigarettes and fornication. Welcome to the site.

PGWhyte, Snowman123 and Crybaby like this.
  3. Snowman123

Snowman123 New Member

Thanks Valence ..... I wondered how just "sharing" might create connections to greater places that might just expand my familiarity with new territory to raise my ability.

I came out of a rehab facility 5 weeks ago. There were many people in there and several from an artistic creative background - music, writing, film - but also others with purely trauma, PTSD - stories too graphic and private to communicate here - all followed the same framework for treatment. I don't have issues with substances, fortunately, but i learned respect for those that do. And these people taught me so much about myself through their own testimonies.

I learned [ from a previous position of ignorance ] that people escape their feelings by medicating on drugs, alcohol, exaggerated behaviors and playouts that are ultimately destructive to them and their relationships. So when I saw you say that your inspiration came from whiskey, cigarettes and fornication, i felt a pain and fear in my being. I also felt some loneliness.

I wondered and imagined writers/ artists are driven to express themselves through their work.

In terms of fun, i just wondered if returning to that childhood state we all once had, could be the place we could all play in again and share. Fun for me was my inspiration. What followed screwed me up and gave me adult stories. Can we return to our childhood states - clean and uninhibited and share from there ?

Any thought?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Take my inspirations with a pinch of salt @Snowman123 Saint I ain't, and I'm no social worker, but I'll tell you this; there are no shackles in the writing world. You're free to roam where you will, so leave your troubles behind you and just be.

5. Albeit

Albeit Active Member

@Snowman123
    Welcome.
    Everything you have said so far makes sense to me.
    Let it roll.