Calling all Teachers!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Andrae Smith, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

You know, You can really know your stuff but until you have plenty of experience, I can imagine it'll always be a bit nerve-wracking to know that someone is watching and evaluating you. Which is why I'd say it is important to know your stuff and your skills. Plan the lesson and in that way you can stay in control. I learned that through a few short presentations. Of course, that is definitely different than running a class. I suppose it all comes down to preparation. I get to try out my teaching skills next month in a french presentation (which has to be given entirely in french). I have to choose a topic, find something to make it interesting, and choose the level of language best suited for the class (I'm a little ahead of my classmates). Should be fun. I'll just have to say grounded; I tend to get a little animated when I really know something or get excited about it. >_<