Calling all writers.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Working man, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

One of the best storyteller/writers I know is blind he almost entirely listens to audiobooks. Reading braille is a lot more hassle for him. Story is contained in music, video, computer games etc The construction of the story can be appreciated whatever the medium. Story began as an oral tradition long before anyone wrote it down.

To me I don't see much difference between listening to an audiobook and reading one. If it is something I am going to cry or laugh loads at then I prefer audio. I often listen to Book at Bedtime on Radio 4 and I am just getting back into Radio 7 - there are some great stories on there too. Looks like the Scarifyers are back on tomorrow looking forward to it lol about right time for washing the dishes.

The one thing I am most grateful for with my writing is my love of story, and my avid reading, listening, watching and playing of anything with a good story. I know what I like and what works etc

2. tigger85

tigger85 New Member

Reading is a good way to help your writing. I read every chance I get and it helps a lot with my writing. Also some personal things help me.

Tigger85

3. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Hello Working Man. Well, it sounds you are well on your way to becoming a writer.
    I would spend hours making up stories in my head purely for my own entertainment. I sometimes tell my wife these stories when we go to bed in the evening. She tells me I have a wonderfully way of describing places, people and emotions.
    I wish my mind could be that imaginative at times. Have fun.