1. Killer300

Killer300 Active Member

Can a Younger Guy Work?

Discussion in 'Erotica' started by Killer300, Feb 7, 2014.

Keep in mind, by, "boy," I do mean 18, but that seems to be rather young by erotica standards, when aimed at women(although perhaps I'm very wrong on this.:oops: )

But I wonder, can an erotic work aimed at women work if the guy's a bit younger? The female viewpoint, in this case, would be from someone at least a little bit older, say mid twenties, but how well would that actually work for this? Can women go for a younger guy in works like this? Or will this fall flat unfortunately?

As for the plot, its, in some ways, an erotic version of Frankenstein, with the guy being transformed rather than being created from scratch.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

Well, I've heard in the news over the years about several female teachers who've had sexual relationships with their young male students. I don't know if that's indicative of a potential market, though.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

I think the part that might prove the fly in the ointment is this bit:

The age of the fellah' alone might be easily surmounted by any number of factors that could be written about him and also about her, but the aforequoted element adds a kind of mother/child (assuming she is the one responsible for the transformation) aspect that may flip motherly switches in your readers rather than erotic ones.

4. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Curious about what the transformation entails. Transformed from what, into what? And is she responsible for the transformation?

5. Killer300

Killer300 Active Member

Hmm… good point. Perhaps I'll change the female perspective to avoid that particular aspect, but yeah, his origin probably could easily lead to the whole motherly aspect, if unintentionally.

6. Killer300

Killer300 Active Member

My idea is he transforms into some kind of ideal of what the male form should look like. He was once… well, not very appealing in that sense. I'm not sure what the former would be, especially as what that would like is obviously going to vary from person to person, but I wonder if there is maybe general characteristics I could shoot for with that.

As for whom, basically, through super science of some sort, he gets transformed by a mad scientist. The details aren't really gone over too much. Originally, the female was going to be said Scientist, but that might change from plot considerations.

7. Robert_S

Robert_S Contributing Member

Yeah. Make him a trophy boy. Perhaps a monthly contest between whoever competes. Winner gets him for a month.

8. Killer300

Killer300 Active Member

A trophy boy is appealing to that demographic though? Doesn't sound terribly romantic, which is the crux of it after all.:p

9. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

as a 'mature' woman [40s-early 50s], i had a long term lover who was 14 years younger and had 'dallied' now and then over several years, with a very much younger [22 to my 40-something] gorgeous hunk [think a better looking near-clone of young harry hamlin] who was somewhat obsessed with me for some reason and would 'drop by' just when i could most use an ego boost...

so, though there was no hint of 'romance' on my side, there may have been a tad on his, but i suspect he was more motivated by youthful libido and having discovered the up-side of consorting/cavorting with a much older, much more experienced woman...

i wrote a short story back in my wicked old life called, 'beginner's luck' that was a much-embellished account of an actual encounter [that i'd kept non-sexual in real life] i had with a young college kid who'd come to me for lessons... not in how to write, which was the service i'd advertised, but how to 'make love,' as he was a virgin whose only knowledge of female anatomy was from spending his lunch money on peep shows... it made a fun short story, to bring his pleas for 'lessons' to life in fiction, at least... i don't have it on my website, so if you want to see how it turned out, email me for 'beginner's luck' at: maia3maia@hotmail.com

i don't see why there wouldn't be a market for stories about those kinds of relationships, since i can't be the only older woman [ridiculously called 'cougars' nowadays ] who's enjoyed the 'company' of much younger guys... though i don't see a girl in her twenties and a boy just a few years younger as being all that intriguing, story-wise, since the girl wouldn't be likely to be any more sexually experienced than the boy [unless he's that anomaly these days, an 18-year-old virgin]...

10. Killer300

Killer300 Active Member

Hey, thanks. Well, I know there would be readers in all likelihood.

But yeah, the guy is a virgin, as he wasn't exactly a great male specimen before hand.:p

11. Robert_S

Robert_S Contributing Member

Could make one of the women fall in love with him.

12. DeviouSquirrel

DeviouSquirrel Member

I personally wouldn't want to read a story about a 'younger' guy, and I'm only 24... But it's just personal preference :) Younger doesn't do it for me at all.

13. jazzabel

jazzabel Contributing Member Contributor

Any story can work if it's written well. Rather than worry whether people will like the idea, why don't you try and write in such a way that it works? It's all in the skill. One of the greatest novels of all time is a 1st pov of a paedophile, as he grooms and essentially abducts his victim and goes on a road trip with her. It's Nabokov's 'Lolita'. If that can work, anything can.

matwoolf and minstrel like this.
  14. erebh

erebh Contributing Member Contributor

I didn't read the book bute i remember watching the movie and being quite uncomfortable especially when Jeremy irons and the movie won so many awards. "Hey I saw this great film about a paedophile who loves this child and blah blah" was scary...

15. jazzabel

jazzabel Contributing Member Contributor

I didn't watch that movie, but I can imagine the book works much better. I imagine the movie winning awards had a lot to do with the actual book. Personally, I couldn't hate paedophiles more than I already do, but I treasure having read that book. It's something unique, a true masterpiece of literature. Try reading it, you won't regret it.

16. erebh

erebh Contributing Member Contributor

I'll take your word for it jazz :)

Now the cougar stories....

17. Moneica

Moneica Member

I think the younger male can work. Some older women really get into it. I myself could not do the Cougar thing. But hey, to each there own. If it makes them happy, go for it.

18. PensiveQuill

PensiveQuill Contributing Member

The problem is that women in a similar age range as your man will probably not prefer him at all, it's more typical that they prefer older males. Talking the 20's & 30's here. And its mostly because the difference in maturity between a 19yr old man and a 23yr old woman is miles apart. The man is more likely to be behaving close in range to a school boy than an adult while the woman would be wanting to affect herself as mature, professional and be looking for a serious boyfriend that she might like to settle down with. In that life stage they have little in common. I started dating younger once I got over 35, but even then I wasn't much interested in someone less than mid twenties. And lets also be honest here my primary interest in them was sexual, as was their interest in me.

It just comes down to where both sexes are in that life stage. The women have grown into their mature beauty and so they are interesting to men, young and old alike. But she's got life-planning on her mind while he is still struggling with hormones and fighting off any notion of responsibility and commitment. It's the classic conflict that tears a lot of 20's & 30's relationships apart.

19. jannert

jannert Contributing Member Supporter Contributor

If two people fall in love with each other, age doesn't matter ...except to other people! The fact that other people object to an age difference in the relationship can certainly affect the story, can't it, from a writer's standpoint? Good story material, actually.

Maturity levels, especially with a less-than-10 year gap, won't matter all that much in a real relationship. People's maturity is a mental thing rather than a strictly age-related thing. We all know 'mature' young people and immature older ones, don't we?

I think the main problem in the early stages of this kind of relationship is how it's perceived by others, and maybe even by the two people themselves. The two lovers may may think they 'shouldn't' be involved with somebody in a different age bracket.

However, I do have a problem with people who are ONLY attracted to others in a different age bracket. That says something about them that's borderline ...unhealthy. Outright abuse aside, it says the person has a strange idea of themselves, doesn't it? The ageing rock star who continues to hang out with much younger women, etc. The young women's ages don't change, but his does? Or the older woman who collects only toyboys? Or the young woman who wants a daddy figure as a lover so she'll get all the material stuff she wants. Or a guy who only wants to marry his mom so he doesn't ever have to cook a meal, wash his clothing or clean the house. That's not sexy at all. It's often exploitation in reverse.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  20. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributing Member Contributor

Not very romantic, no, which leads me to:

This is even more unromantic, in my opinion. To me, romance is love, and love that is withheld until someone has been changed to be "worthy" of it, isn't love at all. It sounds like the story defines this young man as a trophy, not a person.

21. bythegods

bythegods Banned

Obviously the idea can be made to work - but you haven't given much information on the 'Frankenstein' idea.

Speaking from experience, I have encountered older women (when I was younger) that pursued me. In some cases they were bold in their advances and stated their intentions directly. Others were more subtle and I think they just enjoyed being smutty. Its really just a personality trait that is found in some people. Its as simple as that - they enjoy the thrill of being the predator.

22. Burlbird

Burlbird Contributing Member Contributor

18 year-old [Is that a completely arbitrary age? Couldn't he be 19.3 or 17.9?] versus 20-something? Back in high school I regularly passed as at least 5-6 years older than I was, allowing myself to approach more "mature" women. Which is quite an idiotic term when I look back at it - maturity is a thing of the mind, not body. Some of those girls were hardly women, psychologically speaking.

You write - you create characters with words. Things they say, things they do, things the narrator says they think and do - that's where the fictional character exists. Stating in an offhand remark that somebody is of a particular age, without backing it up, is an empty waste of words. If you don't show that there is a significant difference between your barely legal Frank-guy and your super-mature 25 year-old cougar milf, I don't really see the point of giving it any thought....

Btw, if she just created/transformed/transmorphed the guy out of body parts or something, and he just started to exist like the Frank-monster, how old is he really? Remember how in some portrails the Frank-monster is essentially a child?

AmericanAmelie likes this.