1. Michelle7

Michelle7 New Member

Can any one tell me if...

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Michelle7, Oct 13, 2012.

there are any 16-17yr old boys that are interested in attending 16 yr old girls concerts? The mc in my story is a 16 yr old pop star born into the industry that is a majorly popular singer such as Britney Spears or Mariah Carey and a 17 yr old male is a major fan of hers who eagerly attends her concert since she is a major idol of his.
    But i have gotten feed back from people who say that guys are not like girls in that respect. They say boys do not have girl idols and a 17 yr old male would never attend a 16 yr old girls concert the way a female would. Could anyone give me more feed back on this because i dont know if i have to re do the beginning of this story or what. Is this a probable thing that could happen or do i need to rearrange some things. Thanks in advance.

Michelle

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

There are lots of different guys out there, so I suppose the kind of boy you want does exist. When I was growing up, just about all us boys idolized older male rock stars - it was as much about who we wanted to be as it was about who we wanted to listen to.

On the other hand, my sister and her girlfriends liked listening to boys their own ages (Donny Osmond was a favorite of theirs in the early 70s, for example). It seemed that the girls were fans of boys they wanted to be with, and boys were fans of men they wanted to be. There were exceptions, but they seemed rather rare.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

What he said. Believe in the individual! Even teens and preteens refuse the herd.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto the ditto!

5. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Stereotypical gender roles are become less prevalent in our society today. More things are considered acceptable. I would say go for it!

6. Pink-Angel-1992

Pink-Angel-1992 Active Member

Everyone is different. Maybe the majority of guys don't (I couldn't say), but even so, it doesn't main that your male character won't. Some guys are sport crazy and into cars, but not all are, some may not gave a damn about it. You can have your bulky jocks and your scrowny geeks, but you could have a hot, fit guy who's really smart; you can have guys who aren't intouch with their emotions and those who are. Same goes with women; you can have your girly girls and your tomboys and all those in between. It's about the character's personality and friends and family might be a factor.

If you want your male character to go to this concert, then have him go. If he is scared about what people think and/or has friends that would make fun of him about it, then have him keep it a secret. If he doesn't care what people think about him and can take the teasing, then you could have him go openly, maybe with some female friends.

There are millions of people in the world and so many cultures; everyone is not the same, so who's to say that a particular gender wouldn't do such and such, because someone might be, on the oposite side of the world, as you say that.

This is just my opinion mind, but I don't see why a 16/17 year old guy wouldn't go to a 16 year old girl's concert if he want to.

7. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

The fact that your character would do this while most of his friends would not is something that sets him apart. Congrats! You are on your way to creating a unique character.

8. Teresa729

Teresa729 New Member

I agree with the other posts. I've taken my girls to concerts and yes, the audience consists of mostly screaming girls but I have seen many teenage boys (some even with signs and homemade t-shirts)!