1. Silver. Fox

Silver. Fox New Member

Plot idea for fantasy novel

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Silver. Fox, Oct 17, 2011.

So I decided to take a walk to Post Net today which is located a few miles from my house. What a great walk that was.
    On the way there and back, I kept having visions(daydreaming) about the following.

Story is told in 1st person (possibly 3rd)
    The main character (1st person) is a young dark skinned boy living in somewhat modern times where werewolves live in forests in packs. These werewolves absolutely despise humans (for reasons unknown until later in the story) and they're planning to start a war to completely obliterate the human race, but they have one weakness, silver bullets.

Our main character, who's a mostly tactical thinker, (whose name will probably be Dane) is walking through the forest with some friends and a teacher for a high school/college class when they're all attacked. Dane, knowing the existence of werewolves in the forest (although no one believes him) brought a gun with him and quite a few spare silver bullets. Everyone is killed except for Dane and a girl he used to like who is fatally injured. Instead of killing the last two, the lead werewolf instead imprisons Dane and his friend deep in a cave knowing that Dane still has a working gun and more silver bullets. (Err...for lack of my ability to explain, the werewolves haven't had a good challenge in a while, so they imprison Dane hoping that he'll attempt to escape and his silver bullets will make him a fun hunt. [lolignorance]

Eventually, Dane's friend dies in his arms and he loses most of his emotions. The leader of the werewolf tribe eventually allows Dane to live among the werewolves as one of their own until he eats his next meal, which is promised to be his last. Dane, being so tactical, realizes that as long as he doesn't eat, they won't attack him, and as long as he has his gun and silver bullets he'll be a threat to them. Dane has to find out how he's going to escape and get revenge on the werewolves who have imprisoned him with a single gun and a limited amount of silver bullets.

After a while, Dane earns trust from the wolf pack and he earns his own rank and title among the werewolves even though he's still (basically) been sentenced to death. His rank allows him to participate in hunts, including one during a full moon that's supposed to be special. During the hunt, the werewolves who are with Dane kill a group of girls but take one hostage and after they all return he learns the reason she's been kidnapped.

This girl (Other main character) is from an old werewolf legend entitled 'Silver Blood.' As the legend states, her blood is silver and she's completely immune to silver and she's virtually(I use this term lightly) immortal. She's supposed to unite all of the other werewolves and lead them in a march to take over the world as their own. The only problem with this is that she doesn't even seem like a werewolf (she hasn't transformed) and none of the others believe in her (which results in her being called Tainted Blood, Grey Blood, Foul Blood, etc etc etc, haven't thought of the derogatory names enough yet).

Needless to say, there will definitely be some main character shinanigans, a possible love scene, and sudden deaths caused by Dane, my clever little plot device =)

What do y'all think?

2. Naiyn

Naiyn New Member

Write it, and make it awsome. Not much else to say, really.

3. Protar

Protar Active Member

Well as others will say it's all in how you write it, however it certainly sounds interesting (Unlike other werewolf novels recently.) and I look forward to any excerpts you might post. The werewolves kind of remind me of the predators, keeping Dane alive just for sport. Maybe develop their culture and honour system. Maybe you could even introduce werewolves from other countries with entirely different cultures. One thing I have to say is Dane seems to be going a while without eating.

4. Silver. Fox

Silver. Fox New Member

Culture and Honor system, check

The idea for introducing werewolves from other countries is something I haven't looked into yet, but I'm sure I could make it work. It sounds interesting, thanks =)
    Don't worry about Dane, how long he manages survives will widen your eyes, but it won't be anything off the wall.