Tags:
  1. Lydibug

Lydibug New Member

Can someone suggest a right ending?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Lydibug, Oct 20, 2009.

Thanks for reading this guys!
    My story is Fantasy for Children, but I’m ever so stuck on an ending! I want to decide an ending before I actually start this, but I cannot decide which of the current ones to go for. For starters, here is the basic main plot.

A few children, with 1 friend, find themselves in a magical world with X many weeks to get back. They are spread all over the Land, One girl gets adopted by the royalty of the land, most become servants for their adopted sister, two run away with the travelling minstrel band, The friend becomes a pirate and the girl from the family he quite likes finds herself accidently engaged to a Duke/Lord or something simalar. She runs away, her "Fiancé" captures her again so the others rescue her with the help of the pirates who aren't actually pirates, but nobility.

Now I was planning on getting the Girl together with the pirate, but It could never work and there's no way of ever getting them together properly, because they have to go back to their own worlds, and I don't really want a sad ending.
    The logical choice would therefore be to end up with her friend who he disliked at the start and changed throughout the course of the story but something persuades me not to go for this as its pretty cliché.

So can anyone think of a way to end this story I've forgotten about or change one that I have slightly? Thanks. :)

2. arron89

arron89 Banned

It doesn't have to be a sad ending if she falls in love with the pirate....you could do that cheesy but endlessly adorable thing where she gets back to the real world and sees a boy who looks just like the pirate and then imply that they will fall in love too....makes me smile just thinking about it....aww!!

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You could choose to end your story before the friends must part.

It's your story. Not only do you get to assemble the sequence of events, you get to choose where to begin and stop telling it.

4. seije

seije New Member

it's entirely up to you, of course, but one option could be that getting back just requires a certain number of people, not the -sepecific- people that left. And/Or perhaps one of them is the key to getting back home and he/she is the only one that can transport them back home. You could still have a happy ending by taking the pirate with them. If you choose to have "a set number of people entered the world, and that set number of people must leave" thing going, maybe someone from the MC's world wishes to stay behind because he/she found a love or interest that he/she doesn't want to leave behind and has few real ties to the MC's world.