1. VibrantMadness

VibrantMadness New Member

Need a name for my story.

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by VibrantMadness, Jun 18, 2012.

Ok i'm going to be brief as i am quite happy with my work and i don't want the plot stolen or something similar replicated.

The plot is about multiple monuments throughout the galaxy that can be used by whoever controls them and use them as a 'leash' for other species. Pretty much if your disobedient, they can simply turn it on a mass insanity can occur instantly on a planet.

Other plot notes are that a virus is sweeping through the galaxy and a hostile race is making itself more known to the galactic society and becoming even more hostile then ever.

They are all linked in one way the virus, the hostile aliens, the monuments and pretty much every species including Humanity are linked to some extent and i am not sure if i should make the virus or the monuments as the focus on the title.

Also names for planets and species would be great, a name for the monuments as well. Something that sounds ominious like 'beacon' or 'shard'.

2. Stacey_Louise

Stacey_Louise New Member

I would say the monuments as the focus for the title with the virus being that little extra.
    Cool story idea, i like it, it's different.

3. VibrantMadness

That comes to my next question, which out of the three should become the 'primary' focus? The main threat that i introduce first to the protagonist?

I have created multiple ways on how each of the three threats become introduced, perhaps i introduced too many threats but i like the idea of each one and i have created a backstory on how they were started and how it all kicks off.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's your story. Only you know what the main focus of your story is, and the details that contribute to a good title.

Unless you're ready to send the story out for publications, you don't need a title yet. Just give it a working title, so you can tell it from your other works in progress. The title is the very last component of the story you need to finish.

As for back story, leave it out of the story, except for the absolute minimum needed to support your story.

5. Stacey_Louise

Stacey_Louise New Member

It's your decision what the main focus is. You could pick one out of three or all three if you wanted :) I know what you mean about the name of the book, i don't have a name for mine yet either but i figured it'l come to me when it does, there's no rush.

6. VibrantMadness

The backstory only serves as the foundation which will gradually be explained later through the story, i just don't know how to start or introduce the 3 plot points. I already have a brief description of what can happen during the middle and the end.