"Candy" in the kids aisle

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wordwizard, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I guess the world is all about the survival of the fittest, and if your weak enough to inject an needle into yuor arm, maybe your not meant to be a survivour That said of course there are thausands of success stories, people do recover, its not a one way road to the end. Its up to the individual and their strength.

Everyone is their own individual and everyone has an opinion, and i fully respect others opions, be it posted on a forum or if they actually inject themselves, i just hope others feel the same about others as well.

I wouldnt condemn a person for a moment of "weakness" or curioisty, but in todays times theres no excuss in not knowing or having a small understanding what can happen if you take such a risk.

So many people take the risk and then expect the whole community to them help them out of it (which i believe people should do, help thsat is).

But when you see that one individual have a weak moment and become curious of The Big H or charlie or Ice, i hope they understand when they have no money and are bashing an old lady or spitting on my face because i gave them no money that im allowed to feel certain ways about them.

2. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Just wanted to say, we kinda killed natural selection and survival of the fittest when we learned how to get food easily, when we invented glasses and medicine and when people with physical/mental handicaps and/or physically weaker have about the same chance as breeding as anyone.
    Yeah, one of my younger friends (barely 14) went to a party (I was busy playing Halo :rolleyes:) about last year where they were sharing coke and even though my friend didn't take it, I'm sure a lot of other weaker-willed, crowd-follower dudes did just out of the pressure of not being that kid. It's always important to be informed about this stuff.
    Agreed.

3. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Yeah that comment i made was just opinion, based off nothing. So id take what i said back (not looking at the full picture). I think what i meant was, theres always going to be people passing away and giving up and falling into certain situations that kind of weed out people.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Actually, Speedy, you are still quite right. The fact that we have removed the selection pressures which hold sway on the African Savannah for the cheetah and the gazelle does not mean that we do not still find ourselves subject to selection pressures. They are simply different pressures than they once were.

5. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

That is scandelous. Doing drugs fair does, but in the middle of a children's aisle ... I'd have went over and made them eat a Barbie doll.

6. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

It is a crazy story I know. Doesn't seem real. but whatelse would they have snorted off their hands? The two employees were different sexed and maybe that is why they did not go to the bathroom?

I do not judge drug addicts unless what they do affects me. I do not feel sorry for drug addicts. I feel sorry for their families. A child drug addict is obviously a different level and another story.

7. Heather Louise

Or yea ... it is a shame to see what drugs do to people. I have carried mates home cos of taking too many pills on numerous occasions and watched as several people I know moved onto crack and became addicted.

At the end of the day though, if you choose to take that very first drug, you are choosing a dark road.

8. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I've been in the same position, Heather. And people who say that cannibis is harmless are lying. Right out of their collective arse. I've seen it destroy people, and it is neither harmless nor pretty.

9. Heather Louise

Yea ... I mean aye, it is less harmless than Crack .... but I wouldn't wanna take my chances with it. They reckon prolonged smoking of it can lead to schitzophernia (it took me ages to guess the spelling of that btw) :p

10. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

It's schizophrenia. But I agree, snorting coke in the children's hallway is pretty bad. They are already snorting crack, what does it matter if the two of them enter the same bathroom?

11. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

more suspicious if they entered the bathrooms together at work I suppose.

12. Frost

Frost Active Member

Does it matter what aisle a man or woman choses to snort his line? In this day and age their more likely to be seen by young'uns in the media section anyway. What matters is that they're snorting coke and need help. Lots of it. Quickly. Not pity or 'victim' status, but help.

13. Heather Louise

Yes, I think it does matter where they are doing it. In the privacy of your own home, do what the hell you want. In public, where children may see, or even if children are playing there and they have got powder anywhere ... drugs and children do not mix well in my books.

As for helping them, I have no sympathy to be honest. If they want help, they'll ask. Otherwise, leave 'em to it .... they chose to take the drugs in the first place, they'll learn the hard way if they don't want help. I have no sympathy for users.

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

No, but their actions do affect people around them.