1. lostinwebspace

lostinwebspace Active Member

Can't Invite New Members

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by lostinwebspace, Aug 4, 2011.

I clicked on the "Click here to invite new users" link in my control panel and got the dreaded screen that explains that I don't have permission to access that page. Still, my control panel says I have 100 invitations available.

Is this (a) a universal problem with everyone, (b) a bug only I'm experiencing, or (c) a legitimate lack of permission? Seems weird that a forum that would benefit from any and every writer joining would not let me send an invitation to someone.

Just checking.

2. Faust

Faust Active Member

I also experienced this page. It might be a feature - rather than an error - that's the problem.

What I'm trying to say is, it might be a dedicated feature for a group of people (I.e Supporters) rather than the base member group.

Also, I could be wrong and something is borked lol

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I've never gotten it to work, and I'm not even sure how it's supposed to work. It just never bothered me enough to make an issue of it. Not with some of the other issues that really were causing problems.

4. lostinwebspace

lostinwebspace Active Member

That's cool then. I just thought it might be a bug or my account was messed up. But it's not that big an issue. If I want to invite someone to the site, word of mouth does just as well as using that link. Thanks, everyone!

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

It's been here for a while. The problem could have to do with software version compatibility issues. I'll look into it or remove it if there's no solution.

You can always invite friend on facebook, email, in person, etc. ;)