1. AnnikaACB

AnnikaACB New Member

Can't think of a topic title #1 (there might be a few more of these...)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AnnikaACB, Aug 29, 2016.

Hi there! I'm Annika, a 26 year old travel agent from the Netherlands. I love to travel. Even more so when I'm all by myself. It's the journey; the moment I hold my breath just when the airplane takes off, or when I listen to my favorite song while staring out the window of a fast moving train. When you're alone you view people and sceneries with a different sense of calm and appreciation. Instead of hopping from one landmark to another, you can let your curiosity guide you in loops around a city. I love to get lost. To find myself in need of assistance and to always be surprised by the kindness of people who are strangers to me. In a foreign country no one expects me to fit in. It is a beautiful relief from what is socially and intelligently desired in everyday life. Whatever I need to be to become a beloved daughter, wife, coworker or friend. Though, in a place where I don't belong in the first place, nothing is odd. In a place that is strange to me, I'm the only thing that isn't. Besides my love for travel, I enjoy writing. I can't say I've ever written something of substance, but it is on my bucketlist to at least try. Looking forward to reading, learning and typing! - Annika

OurJud, jannert and cydney like this.
  2. cydney

cydney Banned

Welcome, Annika. I love your name & your introduction.

I've used the name Annika before many times because I like it so much.

I'm new to writing anything but poetry & in journals, so I probably can't help much, but I do wish you the very best of luck! Look forward to hearing more from you. :)

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Annika! What a nice introduction. You made me want to travel somewhere. :D

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. I hope you'll like it here. :)
    -Kat

cydney likes this.
  4. AnnikaACB

AnnikaACB New Member

Thanks!! :)

5. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Agreed - that was a gloriously written little snippet on the joys of travel. I only wish I'd been brave enough to have done the same at your age.