1. Stoner

Stoner New Member

Caribbean story idea

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Stoner, Aug 29, 2007.

I have about a gajillion ideas for a novel and being the sort who likes to research every one I wanted to get some ideas from you all.

I am looking for ideas for something set in the Caribbean in the 1600-1700s. It doesn't have to be centered around a pirate. It could be about someone/unit from Spain, France or England. Even privateers.

Unfortunately my history in this era and location is not the best. Hopefully there's smarter people than me on here that could give me a few ideas.

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    How about slaves. The slave trade was just starting in the 1600's, and slaves from Africa, and Natives of South and Central America were being brought to the sugar islands.

I know a bit, so ask any questions you feel like, and I'll try to answer as time permits.

3. Stoner

Stoner New Member

What about the year 1720? Wasn't that a violent year with Spain, England and France all engaging in heated battles and conflicts?

Not sure about the slave idea. I was thinking more about possibly having the story centered around someone in the English navy perhaps. Also haven't ruled out being about a pirate.

Basicly looking for as many possible plot ideas as I can for this location and era.

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

The War of the Quadruple Alliance was going on at the start of 1720, but it was pretty much over by then. And that was just everyone against Spain.

5. xxkozxx

xxkozxx Active Member

6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

You could have a highly positioned leader of the English navy secretly be a pirate/slave trader.