1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Carl Sagan invited Neil deGrasse Tyson to meet him when Tyson was 17

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GingerCoffee, Mar 10, 2014.

Wow, what an ending to the first episode of Cosmos revisited. That was incredible.

http://io9.com/5845656/neil-degrasse-tyson-recounts-his-first-meeting-with-carl-sagan
    Genius recognizing genius, that's incredible.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

and tyson has followed ably in sagan's footsteps, by developing [or having naturally] a 'friendly' persona and never talking down to viewers, while at the same time putting across info that could otherwise leave them scratching their heads and changing channels...

if there's any kind of 'life after death' i'm sure carl is out there somewhere applauding his 'replacement' and patting himself on the back for having helped neil onto the ladder...

3. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

I've got this on DVR. I'm going to watch it with my son either tonight or tomorrow night.

4. AJC

AJC Active Member

I admire both Sagan and Tyson for their public outreach efforts. It's not easy explaining some of the more complicated things in astrophysics. Tyson is the modern day Sagan as far as I'm concerned. I wish there were science communicators like him in physics.

My only concern is that there needs to be more public outreach in the field of mathematics. People love learning about physics and astronomy, but they hate the math. :(

5. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributor Contributor

I love Tyson's narration, and his personality, and his attitude, and his everything.

GingerCoffee likes this.