Cats Vs Dogs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snoopingaround, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Jessica_312

Jessica_312 New Member

Aww! :( And you're right, some cats are aloof but others really do like the company of people. My big tabby cat will cry if he gets locked out of a room I'm in - not because he wants food (he'll do this right after he already ate), but because he likes the company of people. On occasion he'll even crawl into your lap, or, if you pick him up, he'll fasten his paws around your neck so you can't put him down.

As for cats v dogs, I love both and I own both, they're both great in different ways :)

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Cats are great. I like dogs as well, but give cats a slight edge because they're so easy to care for.

As for being aloof, my cats haven't been that way. I had a siamese who thought she was a dog. She'd bring balls and drop them at your feet so you could throw them, and then she'd fetch them again. She would also go on walks with a harness, which was kind of funny. Very companionable and sweet animal.

3. Jessica_312

Jessica_312 New Member

/\ Siamese are great. I grew up with a siamese that was the best lap-kitty ever. I now own two siamese-mixes and a tabby.

4. Jayyy1014

Jayyy1014 Jerrica Contributor

I have a cat right now that does the same thing, and it sure does help me cheer up knowing that no matter what happens I've a companion that won't leave my side Over some drama at school or some "Boy". I love cats :) :love:

5. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

Actually the breed I'm fond of are Tonkinese.

6. CosmicHallux

CosmicHallux New Member

I consider myself a cat person, though some dogs are wonderful.

I think it creeps me out that dogs can be trained to kill people--I really doubt you could train an "attack" cat. However, dogs will defend their people, whereas cats usually won't.

But--dogs are so hierarchical...they would follow their pack leader even if he was a homicidal maniac. This bothers me that they can't think on their own very well--they take orders too easily.

But I have a very special place in my heart for my dog friend who passed away. He never took orders very well, but he was very loyal. Dean Koontz' Darkest Evening of the Year is a touching book for dog lovers IMO.

7. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Cats are infinitly cuter :p

8. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I think puppies are equally cute at least! :p

9. AJSmith

AJSmith New Member

My vote goes for dogs that act like and are the size of cats... as long as they aren't yippy.

Our Pomeranian is small enough that he goes pretty much everywhere with us, he's quiet, cute, cuddly. Also, he can do hikes unlike a cat, but doesn't demand heavy exercise like some dogs. Also, he's much more obedient than our self centered, arrogant cats (who I also love). :)

10. EMSchell2009

EMSchell2009 New Member

I have a terribly biased opinion as one of these makes me break out into hives and itch ferociously. I prefer dogs, I am allergic to cats, but THe truth is I would choose dogs anyway. I find cats to be the kings of thier own world, a trait that makes me crazy.