Cell by Stephen King

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by cl0ud, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Gunslinger

Gunslinger New Member

Crashbang - I heard the same thing about the Dark Tower Series. Stephen King did say that if someone was to make the Dark Tower series into movies it should be the guy from Lost. I think the best way to make it would be to do it as a mini-series, but done through HBO.

2. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Man o man, I just loved Cell! It was a tad silly and cheesy, but it was really haunting in the begining. When they started becoming psychic it pushed the boundaries of willful-suspension of disbelief for me. It still is one of my favs though.

3. Good_writer

Good_writer Banned

Has anyone read desperation by Stephen King? I've just seen the movie and i thought it was really good - full of suspense.

4. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

J.J. Abrams would make it apparently, but he's busy with Star Trek and other projects. I agree, HBO would be a wise decision. Carnivale, Deadwood and Rome are all excellent shows.

The Desperation telemovie was pretty poor, but the book was reasonable. Both forms have many factors preventing them from being amongst King's best work.

5. Good_writer

Good_writer Banned

Well, the starting of the Desperation movie was good - the first half hour, but then it kinda went flat.

Also, i wanted to ask, which is the best book of Stephen King?