1. writtenlove

writtenlove New Member

similar characters?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by writtenlove, Aug 9, 2010.

So, I have three characters who have have family issues.

Girl 1 - She is granddaughter to a real estate mogul in Philly. Her mom, who never planned on having kids, got pregnant when she was 29 with a college guy she met only a few times. She never told the guy about it until

Girl 2 - Her mom got up and left three months after she was born. Her mom who lied to her 20 year old dad that she was 20 also but was really 15. She left at his house.

these two girls are who I am worried about their stories are too similar in my eyes. They are both of mixed race also.

Girl 3 - She is one girl who has pretty much everything. Her parents are there but divorced. She comes from a loving family and has been dating her boyfriend for three years. She has a boutique in Northern Liberties that is doing great and then she is pregnant...

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You have identified the problem.

Your options are obvious.

3. writtenlove

writtenlove New Member

hmm...I think I am going to take Girl 1 out. I written a chapter on her and I made that character to be "Good Girl".

4. Acer

Acer New Member

I suppose, depending on how those characters interact with each other, it could be woven into the story- that they meet because of their pasts (like on an internet forum or a support group or whathaveyou).

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

What exactly is your question? What roles do these characters play in the story? Without that information, I can't be of much help...

6. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

I agree with the above poster. On the surface, I don't see a problem with all of them having issues. I'd need to know more about each of them to see if there's really a problem.