1. writer one

writer one Member

Why am i starring back at myself?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by writer one, Sep 27, 2015.

Why am I starring at myself and getting no answers back? I know that face, by God it's me! Why am I talking to the mirror, or am I talking to the mirror? The answers I am looking for do not seem to be speaking back to me. What am I trying to say. I cannot see the words I am speaking while looking at myself in the mirror. Yet when I write I see the words and wonder what the next word is. I am questioning my sanity here because why am I so interested in what the next word which I cannot see at this moment, hasn't come to my mind yet.

Could that be it? I am curious what the next word is going to be and die trying to find out. I see a mystery and want to solve it by writing. I might be on to something here. writer one

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Hey, we've all been there. Thesaurus.com has had a lot of traffic from me in the past year when I'm desperately trying to bring a word to the forefront of my mind.

If it helps you write, embrace it!

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

As Tenderiser said, Thesaurus.com is a writer's best friend. We can't possibly know every single word in all of creation, so you're not alone in this.

4. writer one

writer one Member

Thank all of you for being patience with me. writer one

Tenderiser likes this.
  5. writer one

writer one Member

I think all of you are trying to tell me to read then write, which I am doing. And it is working. I am learning a lot about spelling words as well. If the word looks misspelled it usually it is. writer one

Tenderiser likes this.
  6. writer one

writer one Member

A story,
    When I was married to my first wife one day I decided to clean off the dining room table from supper. After that I noticed my wife had the biggest grin I have every seen on her face and that made me wonder what she found so funny. I asked her why she was smiling like that and she replied, "where did you the dishes", with that reply I immediately went to the sink and checked and the dishes were not there.

At which point I ask myself where did I put the dishes knowing I did something wrong, again I got up and checked again and low and behold they still were not in the sink. After a few minutes I got up to get a drink of water and there they were, in the refrigerator. Hows this for creative writing. writer one

Tenderiser and peachalulu like this.
  7. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Sounds like the morning at work a few weeks ago where I put the empty milk container in the cupboard, put my nearly-full jar of coffee in the plastic recycling bin, and went away with a fork in my mug instead of a spoon.

That post was great, by the way. Excellent spelling and everything easily understandable.

8. writer one

writer one Member

Thank you, I needed that. There might be hope for me yet. writer one

Tenderiser likes this.