1. Tdstricklandjr

Tdstricklandjr New Member

Help Needed

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tdstricklandjr, Oct 20, 2015.

Hello everyone. My name is Thomas. I am a writer and poet. At least, I think I am. I have been writing poetry and short fiction for about fifteen or twenty years but I do not have a writing group or any help with polishing the work, so it sits in a drawer on my desk. I have decided to put some of the "better" pieces into a chapbook of poetry, but I'm don't want to waste my time with a publisher or to self-publish if I should just keep my poetry to myself.

I decided to join this forum in hopes to find a writing group that I could be an alpha or beta reader on and some people who would like to be alpha readers for my work.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. I will send them a pdf of the chapbook so they can read it.

If anyone wants to help, I really would appreciate it and I'm not afraid of a harsh critique.

Thanks.

Hopeful poet,

Thomas

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Thomas! Welcome to the forum. :)

This is a community, so there are a few things to take into consideration. If you're looking for feedback, stick around for 14 days, write 2 critiques in our workshop and post a minimum of 20 posts -- and voilĂ , you've met our workshop requirements and can post your own writing for feedback. :) Or consider becoming a supporter; then there's no waiting. Here's more info about how to use our writing workshop. We also have a collaboration sub-forum, but that's for members who've been here for 30 days and posted 100 posts.

Sorry if that feels overwhelming. Most of the info can be found in a quickly digestable form here, in our New Member Quick Start.

See you around!

-Kat