1. bumblebot

bumblebot New Member

Superhero Extras

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by bumblebot, Mar 24, 2011.

I am editing my modern fantasy about people with superpowers. Some of them are costumed, nicknamed vigilantes, and I need a few pseudonyms for characters who are mentioned, but never show up.

I like to think of a power and base the character's name off that, so I have an idea of who they are even if they are just brought up in passing. It's been a long day and I'm out of ideas for the last two or three spots.

The particular people being mentioned are 'good' but do kill criminals even when it isn't necessary. Anybody want to help?

2. Bay K.

Bay K. New Member

-- 'Ampere', pronounced Am-peer.
    He's French, and whenever he gets angry volts of electricity shoot out of his body.

-- 'LangLing'. She's Chinese. Hears a word and instantly understands that language completely --speaking it fluently and in the proper dialect.

-- 'Ab de Zoba' (Absorber). From South-America. He can temporarily take in all forms of negative energy --sicknesses / diseases, injuries, neurosis, natural disasters, etc. -- and transfer them to others.

-- 'Toxul'. He can excrete toxic elements through his skin and by touch poison others.

-- 'Psycha'. American. She can read minds by gazing at someone, and put thoughts / delusions into their heads.

Ok, that's it. Hope these are somewhat helpful. Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Be good, wise and strong --or don't be at all

3. digitig

digitig Contributor Contributor

Orpington, Bromley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Try watching reruns of "Whose Line Is It Anyway" -- one of the regular games was about superhero powers :D

Your biggest problem is likely to be not treading on anybody's trademark, though. I understand that you're likely to be ok using the term "superhero" and most names within the text (that would be covered by copyright, not trademark, law) but you need to be more careful in the title.

4. Smoke

Smoke New Member

Shift and Poltergeist were the two telekinetics from my old X-men ripoff, go ahead and take them.

I also had a girl whose skin was poisonus. I can't remember what her name was.

5. digitig

digitig Contributor Contributor

Orpington, Bromley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Poisonous or venomous? Completely different stories... ;)

6. Smoke

Smoke New Member

She was a Rogue clone. She had to stay covered up so she didn't kill people.

7. bumblebot

bumblebot New Member

My story is not called Superhero, I was just using that so everyone knew what I was talking about.

Thank you for the suggestions, guys, I used a couple.