1. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

Channillo

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Corbyn, Dec 7, 2015.

Recently, I was approached by a staff member from Channillo about writing for their subscription website. I have some reservations about it and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with this fledgling company?

If your not aware of who or what Channillo is, it is a subscription based platform much like Netflix or Hulu, but for writing instead.

I suppose I'm a little hesitant because I can't really tell how many subscriber's the site, which has only been out since March, has. Also, because it's writer's are paid a percentage of how many people subscribe to their work, and essentially you still have to do your own plugging.

It just seems a little too good to be true to me, and the subscriptions seem high.

Any thoughts?

2. Krishan

Krishan Active Member

Their website doesn't look particularly impressive. There's nothing to suggest that any of the currently published series are read by anyone. There's no community, and they don't seem to help you advertise or promote your work.

I'm sure it's possible to make money from it, but you could achieve the same (probably better) results by running your own Patreon instead.

How were you approached, out of interest? Do they know you personally?

3. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

I hadn't previously thought about doing anything of a serial nature, so the whole idea was a little out there for me. Not that it's a particularly bad idea, just not really my thing.

I was approached via social media, which is what sent up the majority of red flags for me. I'm not very social, and the recruitment was done by a lady from the company via a message through twitter.

I was just curious if anyone had actually tried it as you've said there isn't anything really community about it.