1. Albirich

Albirich Active Member

What is this called?

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by Albirich, May 21, 2015.

Haha, okay so I'm wondering what that woodwork the person is standing on is called. I thought at first it might be pillars or posts? Anyways I need to be sure, this is not necessarily needed for my book (but how can I know what I need if I don't even know the word?:D), anyways...when I'm stuck on something I won't let it go. :confused:

It could be seen as some sort of banister as well, couldn't it? I really have no idea.

Let's say you're supposed to describe the scene, more specifically what the person is standing on.

[​IMG]

2. Shbooblie

Shbooblie Senior Member

The first thought I had was that it could be described as a fort of some kind. I'm not sure whether there's a specific name for it though.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_fortification

Other than that it could just be described as a wooden walkway. I googled 'wooden walkway' and it brought up similar pictures to the one you posted.

Also found something on 'battlements' so google that and see if anything comes up :)

3. plothog

plothog Contributor Contributor

I'm not sure. I think I'd say he's balanced on railing posts or fence posts.