Character Interview

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Leaka, Dec 21, 2008.

1. jenslullaby27

jenslullaby27 New Member

ok! thanks...

well my main character is a girl named..um..well lets just name her Monica for now...

she has a twin brother, a younger sister, and a mother living with her...

and in my story she is going to be tested on her relationship with her mother, after her mother is accused of sexual harassment to a boy...

i have had a hard time actually fleshing her out, her personality and such...because i seem to want her to be two different ways....i cant decide...

2. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Does she have any hobbies? If her mom were to be found guilty, how would she take it?

3. jenslullaby27

jenslullaby27 New Member

Hobbies? Um, yes...she likes photographing,waterballoon painting, and reading...

Her mother being found guilty...will be something that at the moment when she does find out, she will feel relief and peace....but before that she will find it difficult to decide on her mother's guiltiness because of her strong love/hate for her.

4. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

That's perplexing, why would she take it like that? If it were me, I'd be tremendously stressed. Why does she have that kind of relationship with her mother?

5. jenslullaby27

jenslullaby27 New Member

well, there's this strange relationship between them at the beginning...Monica is pulled into being the perfect daughter for her and loving her like she should, but at times she feels she hates her and doesnt know why. While the trial is going on she finds out why there's a lingering hate for her mother. Which leads to her peace once her mother is sentenced guilty.

6. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

There has to be a reason why she began hating her in the first place, I mean, hate just doesn't pop into existence. How about siblings, does she have any? Is there a father figure present in her life?

7. jenslullaby27

jenslullaby27 New Member

well, there is a reason for the hate, but she doesnt know it yet...she just feels a certain pull of dislike towards her mother that she cant explain. While her brother has an intense devotion for their mother. Like i just said she has a brother, that's her twin, and a younger sister.

their father isnt in the picture, at first, till he finds out about the trial and comes back into their lives and tries to do his fatherly duties...which she doesnt take well, she wants nothing to do with him.

8. DarkSerendipity

DarkSerendipity New Member

Let's see, might as well just jump right in here, huh?
    Well, I have two MC's for one story, identical twin brothers, David and Dathon.

We'll start out with David.

David's the level-headed one of the two. He's 27, a lawyer and at the bottom of the food chain in a law firm.

He brings a whole new meaning to being his brother's keeper. Completely dedicated and loyal, it's his life's other mission to keep his loose-cannon of a twin out of harm's way and out of the limelight due to what they dub, the 'Gift' that Dathon has.

David is a martial artist, very dedicated to aikido, hapkido, and jeet kune do (just because he wants to and he's a huge fan of Bruce Lee). He's managed to attain 3rd-level black belts in aikido and hapkido, and 1st-level black belt in jeet kune do. It's not only something physical, but a spiritual way of life.

9. Fire of a Rose

Fire of a Rose New Member

My character's name is Miss Gerrato. She doesn't currently have a first name, something I'm trying to find for her. She is a single parent with two children, who is absolutely obsessed with vacationing. She can't bear to stay in the same place for more than a month, and doesn't usually remain settled for more than one week. She gained an abundance of money through an inheritance, so she has never needed a job. She's eccentric and is more cared for by her children than she cares for them. I'm having trouble developing her character.

10. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Why does she react like that towards her father's involvement? What do her brothers think about the situation, and how does she deal with them?

11. jenslullaby27

jenslullaby27 New Member

she reacts like this because she's upset at how he left, and just the fact that he did. She was attached to him, because of their mother's more love for her brother. Since he left them, she felt almost without a parent's love. Her mother treats her well, but its clear she prefers and wishes it was only her brother.

Her younger sister, is kind of use to the ignorance her mother provides at time, she also views the main character as more of her mother. Being some other guys daughter, who also isnt a part of their lives, she doesnt care much for the estranged father. The twin brother on the other hand, likes the idea of him coming back into their lives. He believes this man will help his beloved mother out of this huge problem.

12. Michel Zhivago

Michel Zhivago New Member

Hi there - sorry about the long silence, my laptop was actually stolen recently, so I get precious little online time these days. I do appreciate the help you've given me, Leaka. Just now, I've come on to collate all Leo's Q&As into a Word document, I'm going to go back over them and see if there's anything left to add.

13. Marcushunterwolf

Marcushunterwolf New Member

Is it okay if the character is an animal? Anyway, I guess I could use some help developing the villain in a book that I am writing.

Odin: A walrus who is the king of his species. He is a cruel and tyrannical creature who thinks of all other species as inferior. He will gladly kill innocent creatures in order to show his authority. His major flaw is that he relies too much on himself and his power and not on anyone else. His major "unflaw" is his strength and brutality I guess.