1. J.V. Amaral

J.V. Amaral New Member

Character limit for threads/posts?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by J.V. Amaral, Feb 26, 2009.

I recently attempted to submit a short story in the review room (of about 6,000 words), but my submission was rejected due to being over a character limit of 30,000 (i was at 30,200 I believe).

Is my only option to split up the story into two different threads?

Thanks,

JVA

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Split it into two posts in the same thread. I will say though, not many people will review the whole thing. 30,000 characters is somewhere in the area of 12 pages of size 12 times new roman font. That's a lot and I know that if I looked at the piece, I'd never give a full critique. I might not even read the whole thing if I'm not interested enough.

Besides that, the posting of full works is not advised on the site. I would suggest putting up just 1000-2000 words. That's enough for anyone who reads it to get the idea and point out some room for improvement.

EDIT: Oh yeah. And be sure you've met the minimum requirement of two constructive reviews to other pieces. This is a full participation workshop and it's encouraged that everyone who submits pieces also review them. If you don't give reviews, or give reviews deemed as sub par by the moderators, your thread will be closed until you've met the requirement. Many members who regularly review also have a tendency of not reviewing members who haven't given full effort to helping others.

3. J.V. Amaral

J.V. Amaral New Member

I figured as much... maybe I'll just post the first two sections.

Thanks for the feedback and quick response.

Best,

JVA