Tags:
  1. cestefani

cestefani New Member

What might be a good angel name?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by cestefani, Mar 24, 2013.

The title says it all! I want to have an angel (a Seraph, specifically) with an awesome name.

I want the name to be a variation of the Latin word "praesidio", which means "guard".

Here are some of my already thought-of names:

Praeziel
    Praezis
    Prazeidio

Please suggest as much names as you can! Or if you think you could write a better name from another Latin word variation, that's cool--as long as it's similar to guard, guardian, protector, and the like. Thank you!

EDIT: Added the name "Maharlika" to the choices. Please tell me guys if this name is kewl enough~

EDIT 2: Added the name "Praezidonus" to the choices. Name suggested by Fullmetal Xeno~

Cookie: The angel is a Seraph that protected a particular world from a huge legion of demons the devil sent to prepare another war against heaven. He later named the world Eaglehart, and then was given the permission to create people in it, creating the three clans and the very first Arcanist, who is the mediator and protector of the three clans.

2. Sanjuricus

Sanjuricus Active Member

What about playing around with languages a little more? Use the greek Myrmidon in the context of a loyal follower who serves without question.
    It would be relatively simple to bastardise the grammer into a latin-esque form such as:
    Myrmidius
    Myrmidael
    Myrmidiel
    Myrmidonae
    Myrmidonus
    Myrmidonicus

etc etc.

3. cestefani

cestefani New Member

Other languages are awesome, but I'm currently using mainly Latin references. I shall try other languages, nevertheless. Thank you!

I dunno.. The angel in question is a very important one; he created the world that serves as the main setting for the first two books, after all. I would rather it be in Latin.

But I'm going to use that Myrmidon. Thanks so much!

4. Sanjuricus

Sanjuricus Active Member

Generally speaking in fiction, it is Gods (or godlike beings) who do the creating and Angels (or angel-like beings) who do the serving. I'm not saying that your story needs to comply with this, it's your story and no-one elses but it does pay to be aware of conventions such as this. :)

By the way, you're welcome and I'm glad I could help. :)

5. cestefani

cestefani New Member

In my story, there is only one god, and is called the Creator. In here, the term "omnipotent" is an actual part of his description. And a being of perfect power cannot be in one side. My god in this story is more of an arbiter than a player. So, the good side is under the supervision (or whatnot) of the angels, and the bad side under the demons.

Hmm, how about "Maharlika"? How does that sound? :D

6. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Hmmm... How about Praezidon? or Praezidonus? Praezinia?

7. cestefani

cestefani New Member

Praezidonus sounds good enough! I shall ask around more, but I'm keeping that in mind. Thanks!

8. summerrain

summerrain Member

Seraphino, Phiteorious, Valhalia, KreAtor'ious, Morphous, Omegax. Virillite' Aubergiste, Adversaire', Opprimer--Uberallis, ......the end.

9. cestefani

cestefani New Member

Thank you so much for your suggestions, but I'm going to keep the name Prael instead. It's short and simple, and if some people doesn't want the name, I guess it's just tough luck. Thanks again!

Admins, you can close this thread now if you want to. *grin*

10. summerrain

summerrain Member

Many of mine were in French. Sorry.