Character Questions

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Ettina, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Shandeh

Shandeh Active Member

1. You just found the Monolith and have become the Star Child; it is now up to you to lead humanity into the new age. There will be fear and dissent. You decide to give a speech, but you know you will only have minutes, maybe only seconds, before all hell breaks loose. What is you first, and most important, line?
    Taylor: "What... did I just get myself into?
    Grish: "IF ANYBODY MOVES I'LL BLOW THEIR F***IN' HEAD OFF."

2. You are given the choice of a superpower, any superpower, but with the stipulation that no one can EVER know. Seriously, if anyone finds out, you automatically lose it, no exceptions. What is your new superpower?
    Taylor: "Hmmm, how about the power to control time? Failing that, mind reading."
    Grish: "Howdja know? Balls of steel, buddy, already got 'em! Naw, in all seriousness, I'd prolly like bein' bulletproof."

3. You have just been teamed up with the protagonist of your favorite video game and plopped into the middle of the plot of your favorite novel. What is this new adventure called and what's it about?
    Taylor: "Uh-oh, not good. I'm a fantasy kinda guy. You know. Elves and dragons and swords. We're talking LOTR meets Skyrim here. But I'm really bad at titles..." -refuses to even try to title it-
    Grish: "Who has time t' read?"

4. You have your own loyal militia. What's your motto and first mission statement?
    Taylor: "Taking down serial killers one monster at a time. For both."
    Grish: "IT'S TIME TO BLOW SH*T UP! Wahahahahaha! No more post-attack cleanup duties for me. F*** that sh*t."

5. Holy crap! You just found a genie. But, it's one of those genies; you know the ones I'm talking about. Your simplest wish will have dire consequences. How do you get out of this with your skin? (And don't get cute; no wishing for consequence free wishes!)
    Taylor: "You kidding? This genie sounds like..." -launches into full criminal-profile-mode-
    Grish: "Gimme five rounds with that f***er. I'll sort 'im out."
    -neither gets out alive-

1. You discover you can use magic, but there's a horribly unpleasant consequence when you do. What can you do with your magic, and what is the consequence?
    2. Your weapon of choice can be a sword, an axe, a bow or a pair of daggers. Which do you choose and why?
    3. You've been poisoned! There's no known antidote and the poison is lethal. How do you survive?
    4. The King has a very important task for you that only you can do. What is it? Do you accept?
    5. You're attacked by a drop bear. Your reaction?

2. Jessica Tilley

Jessica Tilley Member

You discover you can use magic, but there's a horribly unpleasant consequence when you do. What can you do with your magic, and what is the consequence?
    Magic? Shit, well I dunno, not magic anyway. Maybe if you asked me about superpower I'd have somewhere to go with it. Magic is all just an illusion, so I guess I'd be able to do anything. The consequence of it though might be that I'd manage to screw it up and be found out for a fake. I'm pretty useless and clumsy.

Your weapon of choice can be a sword, an axe, a bow or a pair of daggers. Which do you choose and why?
    What is this? The Hunger Games or something? I reckon I'd go with the axe. Is it one of those little ones though, that you can just use with one hand. Oh, wait, it's a weapon, that means an axe I'd have to be up close and hacking the life out of someone. Shit. Nah, I'll go with the bow. No idea how to use it but at least if I figure the thing out I'd be a fair way away from the person so it won't be so bad. Maybe.

You've been poisoned! There's no known antidote and the poison is lethal. How do you survive?
    No antidote, it's lethal and I'm expected to survive. Please! I'm only human.

The King has a very important task for you that only you can do. What is it? Do you accept?
    He's asked me to protect his daughter. You see, her and I are friends, even though I'm only a 'commoner', and we're heading off overseas on a contiki tour. Of course I accept. What he doesn't know though is that her and I have been sleeping together for the past 18 months.

You're attacked by a drop bear. Your reaction?
    I've heard about the drop bears in Australia. Nasty creatures by the sounds. Fancy just sitting under a tree then next thing there's a bear on your head trying to eat your face off? I'd scream and grab the nearest object and start hitting it.

1. You have just been in a car accident. Your legs are trapped and your person (partner, love interest, etc) is in the seat next to you unconscious. What thoughts go through your head and how do you react to being in that situation?
    2. If you had a friend that spoke to you the same way you speak to yourself, how long would that person remain in your life?
    3. Where did you leave your keys?
    4. What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
    5. There is a zombie apocalypse. What are the first three things you grab?

3. plothog

plothog Contributor Contributor

1. You have just been in a car accident. Your legs are trapped and your person (partner, love interest, etc) is in the seat next to you unconscious. What thoughts go through your head and how do you react to being in that situation?

I can imagine my first reaction would panic and wondering would anything else happen to finish us off. Like in the movies the petrol tank might suddenly explode or in the road accident scene in Final Destination 2 when a huge juggernaut suddenly turned up.
    Then when the panic had resided a little I'd call the emergency services, unless I didn't have a phone to hand, in which case I'd carry on panicking till someone saved us. I guess if I had a girl friend I'd also be panicking whether the unconsciousness meant her life was in danger.

2. If you had a friend that spoke to you the same way you speak to yourself, how long would that person remain in your life?

I don't speak to myself. That's the first sign of madness. If he spoke to me the same way I think to myself, well I guess we'd still hang out, but I would avoid into getting into to many deep conversations with him. Self analysis is depressing.

3. Where did you leave your keys?
    Wait, What? I've left them somewhere? Nope I haven't; they're right here in my pocket.

4. What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
    They actually exist? Where can I get me one of them? I wondered how some total jerks often ended up with the ladies.

5. There is a zombie apocalypse. What are the first three things you grab?
    Definitely my car, assuming that the disaster in question 1 hasn't happened yet and those really were my keys in my pocket in question 3,
    My car is my most valuable thing. I could hide in it from Zombies, or drive away quickly from zombies, or even run over zombies with it. Do I get all the stuff I keep in my car that way too?
    I need two more items? This is tricky. I guess something to kill zombies. I don't have much. I've got a garden fork. My third item probably would have to be the metal file to sharpen it

4. plothog

plothog Contributor Contributor

Oops forgot my questions.
    1. Do you believe in ghosts?
    2.Would you resort to cannibalism if it meant staying alive?
    3.Do you consider yourself fortunate in your life?
    4.What makes you angry?
    5.How much does your appearance matter?

5. xhawkeyex

xhawkeyex New Member

Do you believe in ghosts?
    I didn't believe in furred people either until I met one. So I guess it's possible.

Would you resort to cannibalism if it meant staying alive?
    I've heard stories once. About people who used to eat others. I'd assume it'd be a hard thing to do.. you know, unless they just like the taste. But just the thought of eating someone makes me throw up inside.

Do you consider yourself fortunate in your life?
    I have what most don't in Ventus. Enough money for food, and my family's still alive. That's all the fortune people need.

What makes you angry?
    Three things top off this question. Stupid people, people who harm me or my family, and those who are angry at me. Other than that I can't say I'm a real angry person.

How much does your appearance matter?
    I don't really worry about my appearance too much. Don't get me wrong, I dress to impress, but only to those I like. I'd rather look to a slob to people that don't know me. It's just better that way.

Questions::
    -Aliens visit Earth. They show threatening signs but didn't attack yet. What would you do: Attempt communication, do nothing, or attack them first?

-You visit a dear family member and they give you a revolver and asks you to kill somebody. What do you do?

-Somebody has your favorite copy of a book and you want it. That person won't give it to you. What's your plan to obtain it?

-You hear gunshots. What's your immediate reaction and thoughts?

-You meet a kid that's been missing for months. He has illegal substances on him and claims that he does not want to be found. What do you do?

6. EllBeEss

EllBeEss Senior Member

I'm answering as two different characters.

Josie:
    -Aliens visit Earth. They show threatening signs but didn't attack yet. What would you do: Attempt communication, do nothing, or attack them first?
    You mean if aliens existed? Well then I'd magic them away with all my amazing superpowers. No but seriously depends on what position I was in to fight back, if I was likely to lose I'd disappear.
    -You visit a dear family member and they give you a revolver and asks you to kill somebody. What do you do?
    My family would never ask me to do such a thing. I would try to find out why they wanted this person dead and talk my family member out of it. None of them would be able to live with that much blood on their hands.
    -Somebody has your favourite copy of a book and you want it. That person won't give it to you. What's your plan to obtain it?
    Well it's just a book. Its really not worth fighting over. I can always get a different one.
    My reaction is to get out of there. I don't need to be involved in conflict in two different worlds. I'd probably call the police if I could but I know better than to get involved.
    -You meet a kid that's been missing for months. He has illegal substances on him and claims that he does not want to be found. What do you do?
    Its really his own business. He obviously has some reason not to want to go home. I'd help him out if I could but ultimately I've got enough on my plate without convincing some boy be reunited with his family. I know it seems heartless but there wouldn't really be anything I could do. I have enough trouble holding myself together.

Avery:
    They're not doing anything dangerous. Yet. I'd treat them as a wild animal. I'd be ready to attack or defend myself as necessary but I wouldn't start anything. Negotiations may be dangerous, many animals regard being approached as a threat.
    Story of my life. Only they never gave me the tools to do it. I'd go through with it as I am.
    -Somebody has your favorite copy of a book and you want it. That person won't give it to you. What's your plan to obtain it?
    I can't read so books are no use to me although I will fight to protect what is mine.
    I freeze automatically. Poised to run but also to help. I'd get what help I could and try to stay out of it. After it was over I'd try to help anyone who was injured. Change it to a fight on my terms and friends instead of strangers and I'd jump right in. I have to do something to show my idiot brother that I'm not a kid anymore.
    Somehow I'd make him go home. So many people don't have a home they can go back to if he has one he should go back to it. I'd probably report him, if I could trust the authorities that is.

1.If you could relive any day from your past what day would it be?
    2. If you had to be stuck with one person for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
    3. You come home to find a stranger in your house, who is it and how do you react?
    4. What is your most treasured possession?
    5. You're staring down your biggest fear, what is it and how do you react?

7. Nicole-tan

Nicole-tan Member

Interviewing Zirina Cynbel:

1.If you could relive any day from your past what day would it be?
    The last day with my father.
    2. If you had to be stuck with one person for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
    I would want to spend it with Nicasia. She is my partner and I trust her with my life.
    3. You come home to find a stranger in your house, who is it and how do you react?
    Well, it would most likely be a guard or my building manager. I would probably be irritated and ask them why they are in my room.
    4. What is your most treasured possession?
    In the wasteland you learn not to get attached to possession, but if I had to choose I would say my M1911A1 pistol. It has saved my life several times.
    5. You're staring down your biggest fear, what is it and how do you react?
    It would be a military patrol, or a bandit group. I would try to evade them if possible, if not then I would fight with everything I have.

1) Do you consider yourself to be good, evil, or somewhere in between? Why?
    2) What is your greatest weakness and what do you do to overcome it?
    3) Are you religious? If so what religion do you practice?
    4) If you had to kill someone very close to you to save the lives of hundreds would you do it?

8. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Considering I'm writing two books at the time, I'll do one for each:

Cole Thurston

I consider myself professional. Though I try not to harm those who do no wrong, so I suppose good.
    I try to talk my way out of problems that can't be talked out of.
    Yes, I am a Nerinite. We worship Nerin, the man who founded our village, or that's what we tell outsiders at least.
    4) If you had to kill someone very close to you to save the lives of hundreds would you do it?
    It depends. The needs of the rational out way those of the irrational, so I'd side with whatever group makes the most sense.

Ug Oggson

GOOD. I USE ME MAGIC STICK ON THOSE THAT DON'T DO RIGHT. (Lifts what is clearly a hammer.)
    I'M VERY LOUD, SO I MAKE SURE TO BASH EVERYONE'S HEAD IN BEFORE I START BEING SNEAKY.
    THAT'S A LOT OF SILLY BULLS YOU GET THERE.
    I'D SAVE THEM ALL! I'M A HERO!

1. Which do you trust more, reason or emotion and why?

2. Do you consider yourself a patriot, and if not, what about those that are?

3. Cat's or Dogs?

4. What would be greatest thing you could lose?

5. Who was your first romantic partner? Why? And if it ended, how?

9. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    1. Which do you trust more, reason or emotion and why?
    Well that all depends upon what the situation is. Reason for the most part, but I tend to go with my gut feeling. Saved my ass on more than one occasion, but it has also put me into some bad places as well. I have taken my fair share of bullets, knives, and an incendiary once going in after a comrade. So both in varying degrees I suppose.
    2. Do you consider yourself a patriot, and if not, what about those that are?
    I am a patriot in a sense. Though the ones I am at war with do not see me as much more than a traitor to their political and ideological will. And fuck 'em, I have been taught to defend not to conquer. By going on the offensive, I plan on forcing my old faction with it's new directives into submission and eventual disbandment. Or die trying to bring back the fundamental ideals and beliefs that I hold in that regard, that all men are free. No snooty rich plutocracy tyrant is going to dictate what is best for the masses, after taking away their voice and their liberty to stand in defiance of that with which they disagree.
    3. Cat's or Dogs?
    Neither. I had more important things to do, like raising my little war orphan Zlada. As well as being shipped out to wage wars, before my faction fell into disarray. And not all of those conflicts I agree with fighting, but as a good soldier I followed my orders to the best of my abilities. Not with standing that I disobeyed any and all orders that I did not agree with. Something my former faction has eradicated at the present, forcing men and women in uniform to carryout acts without question or thought.
    4. What would be greatest thing you could lose?
    Those that are closest to me, my family if you will. But what would utterly destroy me as a man, and an officer is if Zlada Volkov were to be killed in action. I took her in after her village was bombed out and she was left an orphan of war. Though I did not like her decision to join the service, she has made me a proud father figure. I understand what some of the other men mean when they wished they would stay your little girl forever. I know I was not the best father figure, but I did the best damn job I could to raise one hell of good woman. To lose her would be the death of me as I understand the bond between a parent and a child.
    5. Who was your first romantic partner? Why? And if it ended, how?
    In the 275 plus years of service, I honestly don't remember. The few women in my life have a way of finding faults in me, or end up getting killed. Though as of late an attractive blue beauty has taken a fancy to me. I think that she and I could teach each other a few things about being in a relationship. Nothing says love quite like two monsters of differing design, but she seems to be invested seeing as she pulled my dumb ass out of Merc base on Mars after I took 3 to the chest clearing out the rat maze. We might be an unconventional pairing, but there is something there. That and how could you not just get lost in those large deep blue eyes?

1.What types of books do you read, and what is your favorite?

2.What is your greatest fear or phobia(s)?

3.What kind of underwear and color?

4.If you had the time what kind of hobby(s) would you take up?

5. What do you believe in be it religious or philosophical?

10. Copypasta

Copypasta Member

1.What types of books do you read, and what is your favorite?
    -- the "Holy Book" and even then I struggle. Books are not my things.

2.What is your greatest fear or phobia(s)?
    -- My brother being disappointed in me.

3.What kind of underwear and color?
    -- Uhhh white loincloth.

4.If you had the time what kind of hobby(s) would you take up?
    --Napping sounds nice. A day without missions. Ah, I realize these aren't hobbies... I guess something that doesn't really require much skills or attention, something that doesn't have a possibility of failure. I guess in the end, it's napping.

5. What do you believe in be it religious or philosophical?
    -- I believe in the God and the Faith. Everyone else are heathens.

----------------------

1) Choice of Weapon?
    2) Given the choices, would you choose political or military power, or extravagant wealth?
    3) Say you're in a sticky situation where you're trapped (perhaps a cave-in or a jail). The person who is trapped with you is rather untrustworthy. Would you team-up to try to escape or figure it out on your own?
    4) Most used swear words when caught surprised.
    5) Worst nightmare.

Cave Troll likes this.
  11. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Evylana, Founder of the coven The Sisterhood of Immolation:

1) Choice of Weapon?

Depends upon the unit being engaged. For light to medium armored units, the Soul Breaker will make short work of them. It is a whip made of bone and metal from the original pits.
    And for everything the sword given to her as one of the commanding personnel of the Queens Legion, Lecherous Tongue. A particularly nasty weapon of dark power.

2) Given the choices, would you choose political or military power, or extravagant wealth?

Power for the sake of power. With each fallen foe, be it from the other two clans, or of the other races. She gains the power from all that she slaughters.

3) Say you're in a sticky situation where you're trapped (perhaps a cave-in or a jail). The person who is trapped with you is rather untrustworthy. Would you team-up to try to escape or figure it out on your own?

Escape? Simply better to be killed and use one of the limited number of times this will work. To die and be re-birthed from the heart of her home planet core. Unless she is to be imprisoned within and by her own kind, where this will simply not work. And escape is impossible, as imprisonment that was the original purpose of her kind to begin with.

4) Most used swear words when caught surprised.

Oddly enough coming from the race of damnation, she does not partake in the use foul language.

5) Worst nightmare.

Evylana is the nightmare. Simply re-purposed for war on behalf of the divine Queen, does not change the fact of how fearsome she is. With enough rage or dismay, the majority of those in her massive Legion, will cower (and at times scatter) to avoid the temper of the woman who is the original betrayer of Man and Angel. Seems that spending a few eons cast into the original Abomination tends to reflect just how evil one is. Couple that with the first soul cast into such a torrent, comes with a few privileges. :p

1. What is the time period you are in, and what is society like?
    2. What is your poison?
    3. Would you survive in the new revamped version of DOOM?
    4. What is your greatest regret?
    5. Coffee, tea, or what? (also how do you like it prepared)

12. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

So this is like "What Would Your MC Do?"?
    Okayyyy.:twisted:
    Isaiah Waters:
    1. Isaiah- "Uh, the modern one? I haven't found anyone with time travel yet. And trust me, angels won't tell you anything about that. I guess a demon or a fairy might know..."
    2. Isaiah- "Alcohol I guess. I'm not irresponsible but I do get a little pissed now and again . In the past I was worse. Let's not talk about that. Oh, and I've been known to enjoy "the temptations of the flesh" as it were. Not sure how you count that but some don't enjoy my sex habits."
    3. Isaiah- "I don't play video games." (He is unimpressed :bigmeh:)
    4. Isaiah- "Well, you see (spoilers). Kind of pathetic, isn't it?"
    5. Isaiah- "I've been known to try both. And I'm not fussy about them, been in hard times. I guess I like a green tea and a black coffee though. More refreshing when it's sharp, you know?"