1. Sunwriter

Sunwriter Member

How to get back into writing again

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Sunwriter, Mar 29, 2016.

I haven't been writing quite as much as I used to lately (although I was writing a story of mine called "Raif" the other day...) I want to get back into writing again. I have a slight suspicion that the talent and the writer in me is still there, to some extent, it's just getting it out that's the issue...
    I have anxiety issues and have looked for mental health benefits of creative writing. I was also thinking that maybe my college could start up the Creative Writing Club that they used to do again... Can anyone here help me out?

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Well let yourself go, and let your fingers do the walking. Worked for me. You will never know where you will go, but it will be an adventure. :p

Seraph751 likes this.
  3. Copypasta

Copypasta Member

Imagine something you want to write. Describe it. Describe what you see, smell, feel and hear. Don't stop and worry it's not good enough. You can always go back and fix it. Just let it flow.

4. jrs7285

jrs7285 Member

Find some good writing prompts and free write on one or two of them for at least ten minutes. I've found that to be helpful in getting the creative juices flowing.