Chasing the Darkness

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ore-Sama, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Xare follows behind him. "I have super strength, speed and my skin can harden into pretty strong armor, as it is right now." She feels the movement beneath her feet. "Hey, and you freeze the spot ahead of their movement? It might cause it or them to stop long enough that I can really get a hold of it. And then maybe pull it out of the wall or something." The hissing seems to be coming from multiple place now. "Well, I guess it is they instead of it."

2. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Ellin created a tiny little orb and through it on the ground. It froze a small section of the floor.
    "Ooop!," Ellin said, "I have trouble circulating my power...so sometimes it comes out as the power."
    Ellin tried to concentrate on freezing the whole entire room, when suddenly the floor started to move more quickly. Making them go up and down as if they were on a wave of shadows.

3. Shadow Dragon

As the floor moves under them, Xare slams one of her fists into it. The monster screams and runs away. "Damn it. They can come after us from any angle." A hand reaches out of the ceiling and grabs Xare's shoulder. Her armor prevents its claws from being able to hurt her, and she grabs its arm. With one quick yank, the monster is pulled out of the building. The top half of a disgusting creature flops around on the floor. "Ellin, freeze it now."

4. Bick

Bick New Member

Her scream hit him instantly, and was soon consumed by the thoughts of the creatures that circled the general area. He could feel one nearby him, and he fell back towards the opposite wall, his grip on his knife tightening.

.......Hey Pasha, be very careful inside of the lobby. They are inside of the walls.......

He nodded, and turned the corner, going around the lobby. A hand reached out to him and he recoiled, falling back.

Its thoughts were jumbled and seemed to almost be in another language.

What are you?

It answered with a lung towards him. He jumped back, hitting the wall behind him. He ducked, only to feel a slice on his cheek. The blood came down, but he took no notice as he sliced at it. It disappeared into the wall, only to reappear seconds later. He felt a claw dig into his arm, he reacted, screaming into the creatures mind as loudly as he could. He stabbed towards the creature with his knife, only to see it disappear again. He fell back, shaking his hurt arm. The blood dripped to the ground.

The jumbled thoughts from everyone in the room sent his mind a buzz, even blocking out Yuri. He grabbed his head, and stumbled back. He slowed his breathing and sent the extra voices out as he listened for his creature.

It came from the ceiling, grabbing his hair. He yelled and slashed at it angrily with his knife. He nipped it, sending the creature in an angry hiss. It came down knocking him over, it’s claws slashing at his face. He protected himself with his hands and thrust towards it. His knife slashed at it until it stopped mid-air. He took his chance to stab at it's momentarily motionless figure. It suddenly disappeared in a flurry of violet. He stumbled towards the sound of the others.

Xare, you okay?

5. Shadow Dragon

Xare grabs the wingling creature and breaks it neck. It stops moving and turns into purple ooze.

........Yeah, I'm fine. I just killed one of them, though there are more......

Looking over at Ellin, she says "We should look around for more of them. We have to kill these all of these things as fast as possible."

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Ellin looked at the girl and shook his head in agreement.
    "I will freeze the whole entire room," Ellin said, "But only when the creatures appears again...the belly of the beast would probably be our best bet."
    Ellin walked towards the area where the teacher had been absorb in. As he had thought air was coming from in there.
    "Its a mouth," Ellin said, "Are you brave enough to venture inside? Most of these things is connected to one body. That one body belongs to his mouth."

7. Bick

Bick New Member

........Yeah, I'm fine. I just killed one of them, though there are more......

"Well, look at that. You can't even kill a half-torso flying bat-thing without getting your *ss kicked. Lovely." Yuri said sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes, and touched the cut on his cheek, the blood pretty much dried by then.

He made his way into the into the lobby, and turned a corner to see Xare and the student he had seen earlier. He scooted closer to Xare, his arms throbbing painfully.

Stupid things, used my arms like a cat toy.

He gave her a half-grin.

I guess I didn’t fare as well as you did.

"Its a mouth," Ellin said, "Are you brave enough to venture inside? Most of these things is connected to one body. That one body belongs to his mouth."

You want us to do what?

He arched an eyebrow.

8. Shadow Dragon

Xare gives Pasha a smile and then turns her attention towards Ellin. "Yeah, I'm ready. So, what's the plan? Justing walking straight into it might not be a great idea, considering that you two would probably get torn to shreds."

9. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Ellin looked at the girl, with little amusement.
    "I plan to just walk straight in," Ellin says, "I have been torn to shreds already so I'm prepared to get torn some more."
    Of course Ellin was talking about the car accident. It had made Ellin less afraid to die of course he didn't want to die, but it gave him more confidence to crazy daredevil stuff.
    Ellin looks at them.
    "Okay two people go inside," Ellin said, "One of us must stay outside they need to go the west side of the main lobby that is were most of the energy is coming from...from that point on when you see its weak point freeze...hit it with all your might...so who is coming with me and who isn't?"

10. Shadow Dragon

"I'm go with you. Pasha, go to the other spot and do what Ellin said. Well, since you seem to know the most about this thing, go ahead and lead."

The walls, floor and ceiling begins to move around more. Almost as if it was water. "Well, we should hurry. These things don't seem to like us being here."

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Ellin gets the creature to opens its mouth and he walks into the mouth. There was the opening smell of rotten flesh inside, the floor was certainly crunchy, and it was pitch black.
    He didn't even know if Xares got in or not.
    "You here," Ellin said, "Its a little darker then what I had expected, but from what I witnessed this thing will not try to eat us because it has already eaten a good day today...anything you step that makes a squish sound is what it probably ate today...we have to go into the back of this thing."

12. Shadow Dragon

As Xare follows him into the mouth, her steps begin to make a squish sound. "I don't get disgusted that easily, but this is just gross." Darkness consumes the area, as the beast's jaws close. "So, can you find the way into the back without light? Also, why can't you just freeze this thing from the inside out?"

13. Shadow Reeves

Shadow Reeves Active Member

On a plane filled with Motherf**king Snakes.
    Amos paced around the hosue, cold wooden floorboars creaking in an otherwise silent house. his father working night shift wouldnt be home until 3.am. he looked at the wall clock;12:10, generally he went to bed at around 12:30 but tonight there was something making him feel wary. it was much like the feeling you get when you leave your wallet behind, but havent remembered that you forgot it yet.

giving up on the idea of sleep he decided to take a walk outside to a destination unknown. the street lights where on and so he didnt require a torch, or to make his own flame. the night was cool due to it being overcast, the fog was beginning to settle around the darker alleys showed what the morning would be like. as there was no moon there was no way to navigate to tell the time that had passed, and all the while his feeling of "misplacement" grew. hew knew this feeling, although he had never felt it to this extent. it would come and go at a whim and generally meant that there was something in the shadows.

following his gut he came upon the the school in which he would be living in for the next six months and sighed, "blimey, it looks like a dump at this time of night!"
    something moved in the corner of his eye
    something moved fast
    inside the school grounds it flicked passed his vision
    ... a shadow
    then from the darkness inside the unyeilding school of brick a scream of terror pierced the night like a axe to a tree. with his mind made up he scaled the chain link fence and jump into the school grounds to find the source of the scream, and prayed to any god who was listenening that he hoped the shadows where not to blame

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Ellin looked to were the girls voice came from.
    "It would just shake the freeze off if I did from the outside and not the inside," Ellin said, "Most spiritual beings can be destroyed from the inside out....that is if you don't have any holy items."
    Ellin paused.
    "And we don't have holy items so we have to do it the hard way...this is a pretty powerful monster,"

15. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

In the lecture hall, a girl stood there with a pink tank top and jeans. Her left arm was green. Several of the wall creatures came out after her. "You're not what I'm after either" muttered the girl. Black flames fire fom her green arm, surrounding her and burning the creatures around her, then new ones formed.

"There must be a source to it" said the girl.

The creature Xare stepped inside let out a wild hiss, dissapearing, forcing everyone inside it out. The creatures all came out at once from all areas of the building, attacking eveyrone they could find.

"They're all out now, one of them must be the source!" said the girl sensing everything through the building.

16. Shadow Reeves

Amos heard another scream, although this time it was not human. he ran for the main door and while concentrating on burning the through the thick wood around the lock he tripped on a stone hidden in the darkness and the door was blown off it hinges and flipped down the corridor of the lecture hall throwing embers and chunks of burning oak everywhere in between. Amos winced at his mistake.

running into the lecture hall he saw a girl surrounded by creatures of unknown origin. they where black and moved so fast that it was hard to focus on any given one for more than a second, or maybe they wern't moving at all....

17. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

The fired out black flames at all the creatures, burning them again. This time when she did it, she cried out in pain, holding her green arm. She looked up at Amos, finally noticing his presence.

"Don't look at me like that! I'm no more a freak then you are!" she spat.

18. Shadow Reeves

the creatures momentarily paused as the onslaught ceased, not sure if it was a trick or she was genuinely hurt. taking advantage of this he ran towards them, and her. he blew a hole in their circle, and found that his power was draining fast, not slowing he picked up the girl over his shoulder as she squeeled and made a break for the hole in the circle of creatures, which filled rapidly with new versions of the black deamons. "Got any juice left?" he asked " im running a little low"

19. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

"Some yes" she said, other creatures popping out of the wall. She fired out black flames, crying out again as they burned the creatures, who then reformed."We should find your friends. If we're all in the same room, it'll force all of them into one place so we can kill the source" she said holding her green arm.

20. Shadow Reeves

"well then lets go find them" he gestured to the demons that where getting ever closer and said "ladies first"

21. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

She walked forward, finding a stiarway that headed down the stairs. "They're just down that way" she said sensing them. More wall creatures were out through the stairway. "I'm not sure if I can use another without serious injury" she said.

22. Shadow Dragon

Xare fights off one of the wall creatures after another. "Damn it. We can only keep this up for so long. How many of them are there." One tries to attack her from behind, only to be met with a foot in the face, removing its head. Xare runs around the others, taking out any monster that gets close.

23. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

"Found ya!" said Mr Mac rushing into the lobby, seeing the wall creatures attacking Ellin and Xare. "I see you're busy now, talk later" he said rushing outside.

The girl's black flames tore through the ones on the stiarwell, making it downstairs. She held her green arm which was bleeding by this point. Before she could tell them anything she collapsed.

24. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

Above the girl laying on the floor dark tendrils seemed to grow from a thin dark cloud near the ceiling. Before reaching the girl the tendrils turned, merged together into two large globs, and touched the floor between her and the bottom of the stairs. Each black glob became an oval that looked like shoes. The cloud on the ceiling shrunk as the blackness near the floor shaped itself into two legs, a torso, two arms with hands rolling out of the end. The hands sprouted fingers. A head formed at the top as the last of the darkness from the ceiling went into the tendrils that became hair.

Fully formed the shadowy shape of a person lightened until his skin became white. The blackness of his legs became dark blue jeans. He wore a light blue shirt and white shoes. Tiny black clouds floated around in the whites of his eyes as he looked up the stairs.

25. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

The wall creatures that remained attacked the new figure. The girl was still concious, looking at the person who appeared. "Another student from here, or an outsider?" she asked herself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.